Bono fights for Kurt Cobain - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2002, 10:27 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:52 AM
Damn, this controversy is too confusing. I think I won't get involved! Let someone else settle the blasted thing.

Old 07-09-2002, 10:31 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

but wait a minute; what is bono gonna say if he's called?

"courtney should get the right's to nirvana's legacy".???

no way.
he's in a band that believes in splitting things 4 (5) ways. he's gonna stick up for her?

you know, they should just split it 3 ways and that's that.

greedy fucking rockstars.

Old 07-10-2002, 12:50 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:52 AM
I think the old slutbag was just throwing out names and mentioned Bono and Michael Stipe, if called by the court they would have to testify, but IMO Bono wouldnt take the whores side, I just think she was posturing by throwing out names.

Fuck her, she probably had Kurt murdered anyway.
Old 07-10-2002, 07:30 AM   #24
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan
I think the old slutbag was just throwing out names and mentioned Bono and Michael Stipe, .
I would hate hate hate to be in their position! Both have had friendships with all the parties invovled here...which way do you turn....?

However Bono has shows great skill in this area before...he somehow managed to keep close friendships with both Bob Geldorf and Michael Huthence...even after Bob's wife left him for Michael...some clever diplomacy here. If anyone can stay friends with Both Courtney and Dave and Chris...Bono can.

Kurt's daughter deserves some of the royalties though...put them in a trust fund for her and don't let her mom touch it!!!

dream wanderer
Old 07-10-2002, 09:01 AM   #25
War Child

Local Time: 03:52 AM
Here's the thing though...up until Kurt died, the band did split the money 3 ways among the members. After Kurt died, the remaining members of Nirvana and Courtney set up Nirvana Limited Liability Company and decided to share the royalties equally three ways.

Well, Courtney doesn't like that idea now and thinks that she is entitled to more than Grohl or Novoselic because she says that Kurt himself was Nirvana and made all the decisions, wrote all the songs, etc. and he had only previously split the royalties with the 2 other members not because the deserved it, but out of kindness.

It's also because of this disagreement that a Nirvana box set (including the last tune ever recorded by the band) never saw the light of day. Grohl and Novoselic were ready to release the box set, but Courtney voted against it because she was only getting 1/3 of the royalties.

Sometimes I like Courtney, but sometimes I just don't see where she gets off doing the things she does. This is an example one of the latter moments.
Old 07-10-2002, 11:41 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by kariatari
OMG!!

Madonna's Child!! I feckin' love the pic in your sig!

*sings*David Duchovny, why won't you love me*/sings*
Thank you. David is adorable, isn't he? I didn't think anyone would recognize them.
Old 07-11-2002, 04:52 AM   #27
ger
Babyface

I'm with U2DMfan on this one (apart from the name calling)

There's a big difference between testifying for a harmless guy who got drunk on a plane and alledgedly said something stupid, and defending a woman who is TROUBLE, a complete liar, and is suspected of having her husband killed.
Old 07-11-2002, 08:58 AM   #28
The Fly

Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ger
There's a big difference between testifying for a harmless guy who got drunk on a plane and alledgedly said something stupid, and defending a woman who is TROUBLE.
Is this the same "harmless man" who got completly pissed, swore at the cabin staff and then hurled a youghurt over them.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:04 AM   #29
ger
Babyface

That's the guy all right.

Throwing yoghurt is childish, but it is pretty harmless compared to the trail of dead people and trouble behind Courtney Love.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:12 AM   #30
The Fly

Local Time: 09:52 AM
True, true, but what happens next time when he gets pissed on the plane?
Also, if it was anybody else, we would have probably been banned from flying for life.

bloody rockstars.
Old 07-11-2002, 09:20 AM   #31
ger
Babyface

Well, Bono's pet frog (great name), sure didn't Bono himself testify that Buck was only a "social drinker"! Won't happen again, M'Lord!!

Do you know Ian Brown (ex-Stone Roses)? Much the same story as Buck's, but didn't have Bono as character witness. He did time.