Bono featured on Wyclef's storytellers...thing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mocool12

Refugee
... On Vh1. I found this at rockontv.com:

Show: VH1 Storytellers
Episode: (#048) Wyclef Jean And Friends
Network: (VH1) Video Hits One
Date: Sunday - June 30, 2002
Time: 03:00 pm - 04:00 pm ET

About: (#048) Wyclef Jean And Friends

Wyclef performs and talks about writing "Gone 'Til November," "Bubblegoose," "Maria Maria," "Guantanamera," "My Love Is Your Love" and "New Day." Wyclef is joined by special guests Bono and Sheila E.

Among Wyclef's reminiscences:
"New Day": Wyclef explains that the original song was written for the movie "Life" with Eddie Murphy and Martin Lawrence. The transition from the original "New Day" to the "New Day" performed with Bono happened when Wyclef invited Bono to his house over a July 4th weekend. "I was mad at first," jokes Wyclef, "Bono changed the song around." To Bono- "You're no longer invited to my house." Bono explains that when he went to Wyclef's house he wasn't going to bring anyone, it was just supposed to be a gathering for friends. He got to Wycelf's house and there were cars backed up for "3 or 4 miles." Bono describes the party "I've seen those rap videos, y'know, and I wanted to know what was going on in the 'hood."

bahahaha!!! Bling-bling!
Anyway, that'd be cool if they show the video too...
cool like this: :cool:

Cool - Bono in the "Boogie Basement". I've always liked Wyclef and it was good to see Bono team up with him.

Even tho' I'm in AL now, I too did my studies in "The New Jerusalem" - that's short for NJ).

Wyclef has lots of influences which show on his "The Ecleftic (2 Sides II A Book)." Too bad U2 couldn't have contributed something to it. I mean if Kenny Rodgers and Pink Floyd could be included, think what the Edge's guitar would have sounded like ?
I enjoy artists (like Wyclef & U2) that can entertain other music traditions than their own.

Back
Top Bottom