Bono/Edge on HBO Music Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol:

yes, i wouldn't be surprised...

well, i am going to sleep...i can't take it any more....i might hit my head on the keyboard as i fall asleep at this desk

good night....hopefully, someone will take pity on us :shrug:

I can't stay awake any more...I cant believe I didn't get an email yet either way. Strange....I guess I'll get up early and check..I'd have to get like a 9 am train anyway. Nighty nite.

Can anybody who got a "yes" at least throw us a bone by telling us that the email said that they've, in effect, been sworn to silence on pain of death (and revocation of U2 fan membership) should they spill the beans on the location???

Someone? Anyone? Something? I'm going to be off to the city in a couple hours and sans computer access, and I've got a lot of time to kill this afternoon between an interview and dinner with a friend tonight!

Ok got my rejection email just now.....

I'm not mad because I didn't get in....

I'm mad that it took u2.com to let me know!!!!

:lock: :lock: :lock: Please!!!

update: u2.com keeps deleting all posts that have the location of the taping. :mad:

Last edited:
Y'know, there might be a reason that U2/the producers of the show want to keep this super-secret and low key. The members of U2 are quite generous with their time when it comes to meeting fans. I know it's disappointing not to be selected, but if an unwanted mob of people show up at this, it's possible that they'll be reluctant in the future to extend invitations to people for events like this.

Just something to think about.

I was thinking something along those lines, too. I respect the fact that mum's been the word about the taping. Imagine the security nightmare a big crowd must be, and if there isn't enough security staff, somebody could get hurt, which would of course be horrible.

Congrats to those who got in, and I'm looking forward to finding out what the event was like. I'm disappointed I'm not there now, but I'm sure my office hours with students this afternoon will be just as fulfilling :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I was thinking something along those lines, too. I respect the fact that mum's been the word about the taping. Imagine the security nightmare a big crowd must be, and if there isn't enough security staff, somebody could get hurt, which would of course be horrible.

Congrats to those who got in, and I'm looking forward to finding out what the event was like. I'm disappointed I'm not there now, but I'm sure my office hours with students this afternoon will be just as fulfilling :wink:

Office hours. :drool: :lmao:

Yeah, congrats to all who got in, and hopefully some stories will spread later today!

I'm in Manhattan and frustrated as hell that I can't find out where this event is taking place. I realize I don't have a God-given right to wait outside the studios, and I really am too old for such shenanigans...but darn it...I missed the book signing and want to see them in person again, if only Bono and Edge running from a stage door into a limo. Believe me, these are the only people I would do this for.

Oh, well...time to get off the blue crack and back into my real world...

I am so surprised that the location did not get out, but I guess that's a good thing and I am in Manhattan! I heard on U2.com when someone posted the location it was immediately deleted, go figure.

If Bono is performing at the Liberty Medal Awards ceremony in Philadelphia tonight, he's going to probably have to go from the taping straight to the airport. That could be another reason why the taping site wasn't announced, so that fans didn't line up for hours only to be disappointed. :hmm:

JCOSTER said:
How weird is it that we still don't know where the taping was? :huh:

If you haven't already go to the front page News forum and according to his post, "DeVaul" actually went to the taping and got to shake Bono's hand afterwards outside....!!
<<We were instructed to pick up tickets at Mo Pitkins on Ave A. From there, we were given wristbands and directions to Joe's Pub, where the taping was to occur. I hustled my arse down there ASAP, and ended up being the 6th person in line.>>

I hope you new yorkers were able to make it! Or at least get to wait outside for them!

Jeannieco said:

I hope you new yorkers were able to make it! Or at least get to wait outside for them!

We didn't know until this second where it was :|

Good thing it was kept hush-hush I cannot imagine the chaos of Bono and Edge in a Bar in NYC :crazy:

one4u2 said:

Good thing it was kept hush-hush I cannot imagine the chaos of Bono and Edge in a Bar in NYC :crazy:

Yeah, famous or not, it is nice to be able to do a few human things without folks ogling at you. :huh:

maybe if we weren't all freaks that stalked them at every appearance they wouldnt have to keep things so hush hush

I posted this on the U2 News thread about this as well, but it's just such a riduculously inadvertant near miss that I can't resist posting it here as well!

Un-freaking-believable!!! I was at The Public this afternoon to buy tix to see Ed Harris in Wrecks, and I SAW the U2 folks who won milling about in the lobby! UGH! I actually thought to myself, what's up with this? There aren't any matinees on Thursday. Are they doing a tour of the Public?? Cue: Biiiiig sigh.

On the bright side, my seats for Wrecks are great! Third row center. At the student price, you can't beat that with a stick. God, I love Ed Harris!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom