Bono/Edge & Pearl Jam in concert 11/17/06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm digging the Edge solos in this. One one hand, they're very un-Edge; on the other, there are parts that sound like direct rips of U2 songs.

To quote myself from another board (the times are different because the discussion was on a video of it that included a few extra minutes early on):

The first one (around 10:00) starts off very showy, very "cock-rock." Sounds like stuff that he's shied away from in the past...save for a few pre-Boy dabbles. Then it launches into what is essentially ABOY. The second one (around 12:20) is kind of like a jam-band play on bits of ABOY. Then there are a few nice tidbits at the very end, too.

It has me wondering whether he was just playing what he thought fit with the performance and that's it, or if this is the kind of guitar that's on his mind right now. This, plus the mix of Edge & new-Edge in the beach clips and Window, has me very excited to hear what the new album will sound like!

Loved it!!

However I thought the crowd was kinda lame-if I was there I would have been the girl whose head exploded!!

lately I keep on reading quotes by the band that they are not a rock band.....they definately have it in them! This video rocks!

Hokusai said:
lately I keep on reading quotes by the band that they are not a rock band.....they definately have it in them! This video rocks!

absolutely. u2 would (in my opinion) go upwards if they made a rockalbum instead of a disc full of popsongs (note difference between album and disc). adam and larry can certainly do what matt cameron and jeff ament do, or better. (musicwise that is)

maybe get in the studio with Pearl Jam for a month or so, just to get into the right spirit. Pearl Jams last record was good rock, and not at all a bad album

Back
Top Bottom