Bono disagrees with McGuinness...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for this. Glad to know they don't see eye to eye on everything. It's about fucking time someone told McGuinness he was wrong.

Aaaah, Bono saying something cool at least. Keep that bald demon on the leash, U2.

I hope he's OK...

that never gets old :up:

I sort of agree with one of the comments though:

This is Bono having his cake and eating it too; pure and simple. By "disagreeing" with McGuiness, he shows he's sensitive to what Radiohead was trying to do yet he says nothing as to what he feels about "pay what you want". Granted, the rest of the article is not available yet but I am willing to wager this is a fair summary of what's left. He calls Radiohead a "sacred talent". The only thing sacred to U2 is the almighty dollar/euro/etc.

Why does one have to say exactly what he feels about "pay what you want"?

Who gives a rat's ass? The fact that he had to write a letter to NME in the first place is stupid.

The whole letter hasn't even been printed yet and already people are judging him.
Sometimes I feel no matter what Bono does or says he cannot win.
I think it was nice to say these things about Radiohead and I wish people wouldn't twist his words.

But I agree, he really shouldn't have to write such a letter in the first place, but obviously this issue is something that bothers him, so I say good for him to voice his opinion.

And I don't think that the sky is falling if the band or their singer disagrees with the manager. I'm sure they had worse arguments than that in all of their years together.

:shrug: You think they never disagree on things since he's been their manager ?

Of course not? did I suggest that? I'm posting news.. and as somebody who's interested in the Radiohead discussion I'm looking forward to hearing Bono's take in the NME tomorrow.

Some Radiohead fans are saying Bono "is obsessed with Radiohead".

Wait a moment: Could it be he's posting here on this board after all?
:ohmy:

I hope he's OK...

You beat me to it :grumpy:

that never gets old :up:

It really doesn't.

It's been awhile since I read the full text of McGuinness's speech, but I remember thinking at the time that it was a rather narrow-minded opinion from someone managing a band with enough influence to potentially reshape how music is bought and sold. I'll be interested to see Bono's quote in context.

Great Bono disagrees with his narrow-minded manager...

I was happy to read this. But the fact he even found it necessary to write a letter to NME does say a lot imo. I cannot remember U2-members disagreeing with their manager so openly in the media...

U2 is great.
Radiohead is great. :drool: :drool:

I am already excited for their concert 1st of July in Amsterdam!

Great Bono disagrees with his narrow-minded manager...

I was happy to read this. But the fact he even found it necessary to write a letter to NME does say a lot imo. I cannot remember U2-members disagreeing with their manager so openly in the media...

U2 is great.
Radiohead is great. :drool: :drool:

I am already excited for their concert 1st of July in Amsterdam!
I agree and am very jealous! I saw them in Dublin a few weeks ago and would love to see them again.. their brilliance is other-wordly

Maybe someone here could be kind enough to post the whole letter when the latest MNE issue is out?!

And I haven't heard anything about Bono being in NY. In fact, I think he's in Dublin right now. If anything, they should be going to Eze now, especially considering the heat. Wild Honey, did you meet him again?

Maybe someone here could be kind enough to post the whole letter when the latest MNE issue is out?!

And I haven't heard anything about Bono being in NY. In fact, I think he's in Dublin right now. If anything, they should be going to Eze now, especially considering the heat. Wild Honey, did you meet him again?

Yeah met Adam & Bono on Monday. Adam was in great form. Bono looked really tired, said he wasn't doing autographs/photos as he'd been up 24 hours :hug:

Although he turned back and signed for me and a couple of others :heart:

:yes:

Well i was in Dublin, didn't have anything better to do :shifty:

God,it would be nice if they could get a moment's peace while trying to finish up their new album.
As sad as I was to hear that HQ will be torn down....I take comfort from the fact that it won't be as easy to burden them again and again while they're trying to work (in the new tower).........on tour it's not a big deal to stand and wait for them..they're on tour and it's time to meet the fans...but at home???

U2 must be the most patient band in the world...bar none

Back
Top Bottom