Bono descended from Hobbits?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
So I just got back from watching the much-talked-about LOTR...

Hmmm...

I think Bono, Edge, Larry, and Adam were already hobbits in disguise... as rock stars

Yes of course! That's what I thought!
biggrin.gif
I am so happy, I thought this thread was going to be dissed and blown away the first day. Thanks for your comments! LOTR rules!
smile.gif

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~

Bono a Hobbit???He's short enough but his feet are too tiny... but he's certainly hairy enough...
biggrin.gif

Hobbits love to sing...but also love the comforts of home a bit too much...their travelling around in the story is a bit of a fluke...and we know Bono loves to be on tour a lot...and to be out in front of people...he loves to read......so he just might be related to Bilbo Baggins...I can see him hanging out with the elves...he's already on the side of the angels...
biggrin.gif

Hobbits are extremely loyal to their friends though...so maybe there is a bit of hobbit in Bono...
smile.gif

What a great time to be a Tolkien and U2 fan...(how bout those box office numbers and those EIGHT grammy nods
smile.gif

dream wanderer

Thanks Dream Wanderer, all good points! I thought Bono had a bit of Bilbo Baggins in him!

Yes, this is a GREAT time to be a U2 and Tolkien fan! HOORAY!! The dance of joy!
smile.gif

------------------
~We need new dreams tonight~

Bono - Frodo
Gugi - Sam
Thom Yorke - Golum

Adam - Tom Bombadil (he is so funky)
Edge - should be gandalf (he to wears a hat)

McGuines - Elrond

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Originally posted by Marko:

Thom Yorke - Golum
LMAO!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

The cartoon Hobbit movie are REALLY funny. I'm imaging Thom Yorke in it
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
a litle girl with Spanish eyes

A little less circuitry ** A little more poetry

YOU KNOW I BELIEVE IT

On a side note -- and I'm not making this up -- my Dad's professor of English was Tolkien, the author of the book. Kind of cool...

WOW! Your dad went to Oxford? Does have any of the old papers or anything? They could be worth some money!

That is soooo coool!

Originally posted by Michael Griffiths:

On a side note -- and I'm not making this up -- my Dad's professor of English was Tolkien, the author of the book. Kind of cool...

Serious?? That is just awesome. You have an actual connection to Tolkien! You must have heard some good anecdotes. Wow.

I loved the movie, but the book is better. Speaking of which, I read The Hobbit again recently and it is just nowhere near as good as LOTR. I like it and everything, but compared to LOTR it is very childish and almost boring. It seems very episodic, they just walk from danger to danger, and they also spend a lot of time just...hanging around. I have read LOTR many more times, despite it being so much longer. It just grabs me a lot more.

I'm reading The Silmarillion right now. It's complicated and kind of dry in parts, but that's the style, and it really is fascinating. I've read it once or twice before but not for a long time. I actually think I like it more than The Hobbit as well!

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 01-05-2002).]

I do think it is possible that Bono is a descendent of the Hobbits. He certainly meets many of the criteria, and the main Hobbit from Lord of The Rings, the movie, (Tolfrue or something?) certainly could be Bono's brother, if not Bono himself.

------------------
The Tempest

Back
Top Bottom