Bono co-writes with Eurythmics, Dave Stewart! Hear it...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
its a nice track, maybe would've been nicer if it was a duet with bono like when performed the song at the 46664 concert with Beyonce

Actually, "American Prayer" predates the 46664 concert performance by Bono, Edge, Dave Stewart and Beyonce.

I have never been privileged to stand on the beach at Eze or outside HQ to hear the snippets of a U2-related song in formation but I have a true story about "American Prayer" that can be verified by anybody else who witnessed what I did. :hyper:

The first public performance of "American Prayer" was on 1 Dec. 2002, in Lincoln Nebraska, as Bono and DATA started their "Heart of America" Tour on World AIDS Day.

I was one of about 2,000 people in the audience that night to support Bono and DATA in their efforts for Africa. :up:

Bono had a singing group of children from Ghana to perform for us and he recruited them as his "back up" singers for the first public performance of "American Prayer".

It was a bit of a "rough draft" performance of the song which would get better as the "Heart of America" tour progressed.

In true Bono fashion, he had to introduce the song to us with a joke. At the back of the stage was a boom box on a stand.

As Bono introduced himself & mentioned that he was in a group called U2 :wink:, he walked over to the boom box and pressed the play button while saying "And here's Larry, Adam and Edge"!

The audience exploded with laughter as the pre-recorded music started and Bono began singing his "American Prayer". :applaud:

There are downloads of a famous version of "American Prayer" from the "Heart of America" tour on several websites.

Mulago Positive Women’s Network :hug:

Back
Top Bottom