BONO can you please get back to the studio?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How can any of us know what Bono is thinking about while he's off doing other things? We can't. Just because he hasn't been in the studio every waking hour of the last few months doesn't mean he's not in some way working on material for the next album. The tour has only been over for a year; it doesn't seem unrealistic to me that they're only slowly starting to go back to work now.

Besides, even if the band were locked up somewhere trying to put together the album, there's no saying it would be any closer to being ready for release than it is now--you can just force something creative to happen if you want it to be any good. If the band rushed and put out a crap record, people would be complaining about it for years. I don't mind waiting. If Bono being out in the world doing other things helps his songwriting, then great. If it doesn't, he'll know when it's time to put his other work aside and get back to the studio. Nobody else can make that decision for him.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
How can any of us know what Bono is thinking about while he's off doing other things? We can't. Just because he hasn't been in the studio every waking hour of the last few months doesn't mean he's not in some way working on material for the next album. The tour has only been over for a year; it doesn't seem unrealistic to me that they're only slowly starting to go back to work now.

Besides, even if the band were locked up somewhere trying to put together the album, there's no saying it would be any closer to being ready for release than it is now--you can just force something creative to happen if you want it to be any good. If the band rushed and put out a crap record, people would be complaining about it for years. I don't mind waiting. If Bono being out in the world doing other things helps his songwriting, then great. If it doesn't, he'll know when it's time to put his other work aside and get back to the studio. Nobody else can make that decision for him.

thank you well said! :yes:

I'm glad they're getting back to work.

I think they should lock Bono up in the studio. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
Jeffo17 said:
it just seems to me bono is not focused on the next u2 album... which cant be a good thing.

Cause you talk to him everyday and know what he's focused on?

:rolleyes:

Seriously, when are fans going to realize you don't know these things?

Theres alot more to being a musician that being in the studio. Being in the studio is the last step of the musical journey. Besides, nothing credible has ever stated that the album was done or ready to be recorded in full, or even if it was ready to be recorded that we'd see it any time soon. And personally, I think we'll be lucky if we see it anytime before October or November of next year.

Also, without Bono's humanitarian efforts, would we have 'Where The Streets Have No Name' or 'Wave of Sorrow'?

Just because he is out doing humanitarian efforts doesn't mean he's focused away from music, he could be getting ideas for songs, working in seclusion from others in the band. Also, I'm sure Edge, Larry and Adam spend time in the studio without Bono or even work on stuff that wouldn't require him (ex. practicing, song takes or jamming) and get alot done too; Bono is NOT the entire band.

Bono, I'm sure, gets ALOT of inspiration from this stuff and who knows, just be patient, we might even get another 'Streets.'

As much as I can't wait for the new album, I'm willing to be patient if it means that they are getting it done good and getting it done the way they want it to be done, not by putting out some mediocre album just to get it out.

And finally, with all this Fez stuff I'm hearing about especially with what we heard in Lanois documentary provided they are following that direction, the wait WILL be worth it.

Last edited:
He knows how far the recording process has gotten.
And they have always said they're toying with sounds and ideas right now.

When the time comes, he will know when he has to stick to the studio.

Please, God, can we have some new post topics???? We keep on arguing about the same things.

Some people seem to have an exceptional insight in the band member's lives... maybe The Edge has the flu....
maybe Larry is going playing with his kids....
maybe they are not all waiting for Bono idlessly while is out working on his other things...

who knows... who cares...

edurban said:
Please, God, can we have some new post topics???? We keep on arguing about the same things.

It's all good, tomorrow people will start arguing about how crappy the remasters are and how U2 just likes to rip off their fans.

So we have that to look forward to...

BonoVoxSupastar said:

It's all good, tomorrow people will start arguing about how crappy the remasters are and how U2 just likes to rip off their fans.

So we have that to look forward to...

!ZOMGOOS!! Those demos don't fit in with the album AT ALL!!!?!?@! What is up with Bono's hair on the dvd?? He looks like Rachael Ray!!! :der:

Meh, I'll be too busy listening/watching to pay attention to a few lame detractors. :yes:

U2 Feedback » Your Blue Room » Everything You Know Is Wrong » BONO can you please get back to the studio?
*click*

Bono spends alot more time on his anti poverty efforts than he does on his music.... He says Music is more important but i dont see it.....

They should all be locked away and not comeout untill we have the best U2 album yet.

Jeffo17 said:
Bono spends alot more time on his anti poverty efforts than he does on his music.... He says Music is more important but i dont see it.....

They should all be locked away and not comeout untill we have the best U2 album yet.

that is really an empty statement...how do you really know that? I mean, maybe from the outside it looks as if he is in other countries and cities more so than he is actually in the studio, but how do you know know he isn't working on music outside the studio? Exactly, you have no idea. As said above, I'm sure all Bono's traveling is inspiring him musically all the time....

Jeffo17 said:

How much of Bono's life do you see? You see when he makes the news and that's it. So what is he making the news for right now, well he doesn't have an album out right now so I'm going to guess it's going to be his activism.

If he was like other celebrities you'd see him making the news for who he's dating and what rehab he just came out of, then would you complain he spends too much time on sex and drugs and not enough on music?

Don't let TV make you think you know Bono or what he really does with his life.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
being pro-poverty myself i couldn't agree more. fuck the kids.

:up:

i really think you're a fine chap, headache.

a fine chap, indeed!

Jeffo17 said:
90% activisim 10% music

a sad fact :( :you know virtually nothing about about Bono's lifestyle...but unfortunately you keep telling yourself otherwise...*sigh*...we aren't getting anywhere....

the reality is, you will hear more about Bono's activism than his music because the music is more behind the scenes kinda stuff...whereas the activism is more than just public, it's pretty much covered anywhere you look...so obviously one would think at first glance that Bono spends more time with activism than he does music because that's all you're really hearing about!...:rolleyes:

shaun vox said:

60% activism, 20% slacking around, 10% music and 10% shopping for new colored shades!

:down:

60% mocking 30% recording covers of what he mocks(and dressing the part) 10% using the word 'rawk'

Some of you people here are really pathetic. Talking about stuff you hardly know anything about. How about making up some statistics about your own lives, if you love numbers so much?

Back
Top Bottom