Bono Calls into Irish Radio Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The "woman" who called in to get Bono on the phone was probably Eve?? He probably had her get him on the phone with the show so that he could focus on driving. Thanks for the link Jamila.

So cool of Bono to call in to "defend" himself. He's so funny and genuine. It's a beautiful song and I'm sure Bono could still "manage" to do something with it.

I doubt anyone here hasn't heard the song but if you haven't here it is:

http://download.you send it.com/6775E1BD252D273C

Can't believe that Ali is letting her husband driving their daughter to school.......knowing Bono's driving ability

:|

Cigar said:
Can't believe that Ali is letting her husband driving their daughter to school.......knowing Bono's driving ability

:|

Are you serious? Bono's not a fantastic driver as far as we know, but he's not dangerous. Quite frankly, most of us are nowhere near as good of drivers as we think we are.:lol: Did you really think that Bono never drove his kids anywhere?:eyebrow:

thelaj said:
Very messy transcript (i'm in a hurry)

========
Colm: Clannad and Bono have revealed they will not be able to make a repeat performance of famous duet "In A Lifetime".
I love that song
(great song),
a greatone more before you get up. Because they've said he doesnt have the voice anymore. H
what dya mean
he goes very high on that. She said he can't reach those notes anymore, and he's revealed he can't either.
thats a load of jazz
well it was more trad than jazz
I went to see U23D and he's doing Miss Sarajevo, you know where Pav sings - Bono sings it, and its hairs on the back of your neck.
does he get up there as high
The whole place can't believe its him!
Actually thats low
sure he could do it low, no one would mind
the donegal group says fans shouldnt expect dubliner to perform with them again - ever. Instead singers such as bryan kennedy will appear as special guests to perform the song on their new tour. Bono said he doesnt have the voice for it anymore, and he coultn be arsed said the singer
sounds like an excuse, you know, i cant go or gotta go christening. you know, i just think he doesnt wanna do it
Probably not, you know they are doing a small tour, i dont mean it in a bad way but Bono-
Who
Clannad
So they gotta new tour coming up=
Its one way to get in the papers as well, you know: Bono caant do it

I'd like to tell the rpess that bono and us havent fallen out. were still very good friends, and very close with Bono.

And the first people yourve inviting to your wedding?
Bono

Dont beat yourself up Bono
Donegal say

Good morning.

Yeah, somebady was casting aspertions on my masc and my ability toi hit very very high notes in the clannad song. just dropping daighter at school

uh, well he can definitely hit those notes and he is probably a better suitor in these moment than i am.. I cant get cross with Moyra

You know my da used to say to me, he used to say to me "you know your problem son, your a baritone who thinks hes a tenor"

This is inter-band rivalry, those Donegal messers.THeyve always been puttin it up, could be thre brothers
I dont know we'll see, there could be trouble over this

So, er, what about croke part for the wedding?

Hang on, I'm losing you on my err... are you there? Can you hear me?
Colm Jim-Jim's, Colm Jim-Jim's, The Breakfast Shoe, Colm Jim-Jim's

Bono: I'll hit the big note for you if you can keep quiet, you ready?

(sings) Oh My God I cant believe it; it's Colm & Jim-Jim's breakfast show, yeah.

Bono: See you mates.

thanks for this transcription of the phone call yesterday, thelaj.:applaud:

I loved it when Bono said that he would hit the high note if they could keep quiet.

Thanks for everybody's good words in this thread.

GOTTA LOVE BONO....:lmao:

Back
Top Bottom