Bono being dirty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
can we get a collection of quotes of bono being dirty. i'm particularly interested to hear if he's even utter the word 'cunt' (like the good ol' gallaghers always do)

i remember bono's made a femine hygine joke (i believe during the 'nude' interview in 89)

also, sometime before elevation tour he was asked about his bad back , and said it was from all the sex he was having.

anyone know these exact quotes?

I think referred to the NME as c**** when accepting the God Like Genius Award a few years ago.

Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Surrounding me, going down on me...

And you can swallow, or you can spit...

(Some interpretation necessary.)

i was looking more for interview quotes than lyrics. ahhh, the nme god like genius award - i knew he's said the word cunt! lol.

the joke he said during the nude interview with dave fanning (87) was something with the punch line being "the smell of a fish coming from a woman's pants"

aislinn said:

Can someone please tell me when he said this? :ohmy:

It's from a phone call he made to one of the Into The Heart organisers...or something along those lines. When you hear it, all details of the events surrounding it disappear from your brain immediately.

GibsonGirl said:

It's from a phone call he made to one of the Into The Heart organisers...or something along those lines. When you hear it, all details of the events surrounding it disappear from your brain immediately.

:lol: so true... I need to get a recording of that (I had one at one point...) and have it as my cell phone answering machine or something. then I'd call myself and listen to it everyday...:love:

marik said:
i was looking more for interview quotes than lyrics. ahhh, the nme god like genius award - i knew he's said the word cunt! lol.

the joke he said during the nude interview with dave fanning (87) was something with the punch line being "the smell of a fish coming from a woman's pants"

what was this quote in reference or regards to?

because i doubt he'd come right out and make some sick, rude, joke like that.

AtomicBono said:

:lol: so true... I need to get a recording of that (I had one at one point...) and have it as my cell phone answering machine or something. then I'd call myself and listen to it everyday...:love:

yeah. its one of the funniest things i've ever heard before. the wya he says it, too. hes all half asleep and shit and then when he does the macphistoi part.. its a very classic bono moment indeed. :wink:

they were all in a joking mood (probably drunk) and the other guys (larry i believe, as well as dave fanning) were prompting him to tell a joke. he didn't want to cuz it was too rude, but then did. and they all laughed.i'll try to find the whole joke exactly, but it might take a day or two cuz i'll need to listen to the entire interview. (if it's even the right interview)

marik said:
they were all in a joking mood (probably drunk) and the other guys (larry i believe, as well as dave fanning) were prompting him to tell a joke. he didn't want to cuz it was too rude, but then did. and they all laughed.i'll try to find the whole joke exactly, but it might take a day or two cuz i'll need to listen to the entire interview. (if it's even the right interview)

LOL did they sound drunk?

yeah, when you find it, post it or something here.
was this supposed to be one of bono's jokes or something he heard elsewhere?

MattFromNYC said:

LOL did they sound drunk?

yeah, when you find it, post it or something here.
was this supposed to be one of bono's jokes or something he heard elsewhere?

Yeah, I'm fairly sure they were all pretty pissed. As for the joke... I thought it was something Gavin told him, and then Edge convinced Bono to tell it on the air? LOL. So... yeah, I think the joke is credited to Gavin. Who knows, though.

That certainly was, uhm, an entertaining interview. *G* My favorite part was Larry singing along to "The Boys Are Back in Town." Classic.

I"m only hanging on to watch you go down.

You ask me to enter, but then you make me crawl.

when i was so messed up and i had opera in my head, your love was the lightbulb hanging over my bed....

Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth?

Surrounding me, going down on me...

And you can swallow, or you can spit...
OMG you guys! These aren't sexual references. :eyebrow: LMAO I guess you can make just about anything dirty if you try hard enough. LOL :wink:

forty said:

Yeah, I'm fairly sure they were all pretty pissed. As for the joke... I thought it was something Gavin told him, and then Edge convinced Bono to tell it on the air? LOL. So... yeah, I think the joke is credited to Gavin. Who knows, though.

That certainly was, uhm, an entertaining interview. *G* My favorite part was Larry singing along to "The Boys Are Back in Town." Classic.

I just found that someone's posted a link to the transcript in PLEBA.

Back
Top Bottom