Bono at the White House today- photos and story!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Yes, I am able to read. I guess I just prefer to look at things in a more positive light. Journeys are started with a single step, and I think that it is something we should be glad about.
smile.gif

Yes, it's true. It just gets a bit discouraging fighting this fight for years while having the president chuck a few pennies in the wishing well. I am confident things will change, however, and sooner rather than later (because there will be no later)

I wonder if President GW is aware of the ZOO TV phone calls or remembers them. At least he's not holding a grudge in part of the clowning of his dad done by U2.

------------------
~ "You can't resist her. She's in your bones. She is your marrow and your ride home. You can't avoid her. She's in the air; in between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide." ~ RC

Originally posted by partygirl:
. After that they show about a 15 minute clip of Bono outside the whitehouse answering reporter's questions. He sounds good. He doesn't mumble or stumble too much. Very impressive.

Ummmmmmm emmmmmmmm ummmmmmmmmm
*rubs chin*
mmmmmmmm
*rubs nose*
aem
*wipes nose and looks around confused*
ummmmmmmm pop star ummmm
biggrin.gif

Yeah Bono's speech was great, he ummm's were on overtime though
biggrin.gif
Of course, having just listend to Bush speak he was probably overcompensating!

Joking, of course, I love em both
wink.gif

biggrin.gif
I don't know how many others are from around DC, but on Z104 this morning they mentioned Bono's visit and they said that GW wanted Bono's shades. They had a little clip of Bono talking about it
biggrin.gif

Next time he comes to town, someone needs to let me know in advance!

------------------
~*Mona*~
ani_bono.gif

LOVE me, give me SOUL

Kick start my rock 'n rollin? heart. ~J.E.W.

"I think I just said I was smart there - I'm sorry about that." ~Bono

?Naughty pop star? ~Bono Get on the Boos

Originally posted by z edge:
Originally posted by martha:
Ok, is anyone else finding this picture incredibly odd?? I love what Bono is doing, but I just can't get past how freaking weird it is seeing our little Bono hanging with world leaders. I know it's just me, and I'll get over it.

Come on Martha! This is F*&##@% SWEET! Further proof of just how more willing GW is to face issues outside the country than his father. I know this is not FYM or PLEBA
wink.gif
, but I really love both of those guys in the photo. In a brotherly way, of course.

And I never heard that statement before from ANYONE when Bono was having his picture taken with Bill Clinton!

This speech changed the way I see the world (which used to be no further than down the street):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/arts/news_comment/dimbleby/print_clinton.shtml

My attitude went from "Bono's really cool to try and better the world with whatever he's doing... " to "Why don't they get it, Bono - you tell them! What can I do to help?"

Oh, and meeting people from around the world on the U2 message boards broadened my horizons too
biggrin.gif

------------------
"There's a lot of real rubbish going on about new music & old music, can I just say we play U2 music? Is that OK?" - Bono, Us Festival 5/30/83

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 03-15-2002).]

[This message has been edited by BostonAnne (edited 03-15-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom