Bono at the Top Marques event in Monaco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grey hair on the side....

I guess he will dye his hair soon for the album's pictures....and tour....

Or maybe they decided like Adam not to hide anything anymore...

DreamOutLoud13 said:

Holy crap he looks good there :faint:

The shirt though.... *shakes head* :giggle:

And I'm liking his hair, even with the grey/white creeping up the sides. I'm just glad that it's a bit longer on top, maybe he's growing it back into the Beautiful Day video cut ;)

I thought he shaved the hair at the sides but it's actually gray, and not visible compared to the red-ish brown of the rest of the haid.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff195/emmabergstrom3/Bono/Vertigo/Short Hair/monaco_6.jpg

U2girl said:

I thought he shaved the hair at the sides but it's actually gray, and not visible compared to the red-ish brown of the rest of the haid.

...and his hair color just happens to be in a nice straight line like that?

It's a combo of the following: hair dye on top (and rather silly at that), gray on the sides AND much shorter/faded sides - those sides are about 1/8th of the length of the top

that bright red is not natural, sorry

It is a tight cut, not a shave at the sides. I don't think anyone said that's a natural red colour. (and I agree red looks silly)

Yes someone did, a few pages back, and I realize that it's not a 'shave', as I stated it's a fade/much shorter on the sides. It's done with electric clippers, I would estimate a #1 or at most #2 attachment.

The point is, even if it wasn't dyed or even if he didn't have gray hair, it would still look lighter like that (just brown/dark on top and light on the sides, as evidenced by the hundred or so other pics without the dye) because that's what happens to men's hair when you fade it with different lengths from the top down the sides.

gvox said:
Yes someone did, a few pages back, and I realize that it's not a 'shave', as I stated it's a fade/much shorter on the sides. It's done with electric clippers, I would estimate a #1 or at most #2 attachment.

The point is, even if it wasn't dyed or even if he didn't have gray hair, it would still look lighter like that (just brown/dark on top and light on the sides, as evidenced by the hundred or so other pics without the dye) because that's what happens to men's hair when you fade it with different lengths from the top down the sides.

Nice to know we have a resident expert on mens hair care.
You'll keep us iinformed, won't you..:up:
but just Bono's of course.. :wink:
well Larry too, if you happen to hear anything. :yes:

It's been a long road from the 'Seven Towers' in Ballymun to Top Marques. A long road from a guy, who once stood – even as a billionaire – for an alternative way of thinking, of behaving, of raising his critical voice on our society, of being kind of underground, even when his group sold millions of albums.

Sometimes I really do miss the old guy. He would have never went there or at least never would have liked it there as part of 'the system', I guess. Somehow these pictures make me sad ...

And please: Don't start a "Save Bono's image"-thread now, slagging this emotion off by reminding me, what Bono might be achieving for Africa – we all already know that.

Last edited:
ZOOTVTOURist said:
It's been a long road from the 'Seven Towers' in Ballymun to Top Marques. A long road from a guy, who once stood – even as a billionaire – for an alternative way of thinking, of behaving, of raising his critical voice on our society, of being kind of underground, even when his group sold millions of albums.

Sometimes I really do miss the old guy. He would have never went there or at least never would have liked it there as part of 'the system', I guess. Somehow these pictures make me sad ...

And please: Don't start a "Save Bono's image"-thread now, slagging this emotion off by reminding me, what Bono might be achieving for Africa – we all already know that.

I miss him too. :yes:

ZOOTVTOURist said:

How are fast cars 'part of the system'? :|

And why would we start a "save Bono's image" thread? He's more active in social responsibility and justice issues than ever.

:rolleyes:

ZOOTVTOURist said:
It's been a long road from the 'Seven Towers' in Ballymun to Top Marques. A long road from a guy, who once stood – even as a billionaire – for an alternative way of thinking, of behaving, of raising his critical voice on our society, of being kind of underground, even when his group sold millions of albums.

Are you, perchance, oh, say......

HIGH???!?!

Rosebud said:

How are fast cars 'part of the system'? :|

It's the shitstem, yo, the shitstem.

tosh-m16.jpg

ZOOTVTOURist said:

:up: You were just a little ahead of me.. I was about to say the same thing. I totally agree with you !

I also get a 'kind of a betrayed feeling' whenever I see these kind of pics... I'm a fan since '86 and I've followed this man/band up-close since then. Of course I know about all the time and effort this man spends on the good cause, and I have very huge and humble respect for that. But still... The Bono/U2 Multinational Company seems dominant!
- Whenever there's a celebrity-party: Bono's there!
- Whenever you see Paris Hilton partying with, let's say some other celebrity-low-lives: Bono's there!
- Whenever there's a convention about the best and expensive wine, caviar and cigars: Bono's there !
- Whenever he can create more millions for himself by participating in a company that is creating (sometimes violent) video-games: Bono's there !
- Whenever there's a new gadget (I-Pod U2) that could generate more millions: Bono's happy to turn U2's music into music-for- commercials (Vertigo)!
- Whenever they can escape the regular tax-bills in their own country and therefore have to turn to Holland to save some more millions: Bono's there !
- Investing many millions into the Clarence hotel and in lawsuits and destroying the historical value of the hotel for actracting more rich millionairs and billionairs to generate more millions: Bono's there !
- Recording TERRIBLE R&B-versions of beautiful songs like "One" and "Don't Give Up" to keep up with the "pop-kids" (remember this quote?) and therefore eat out of the same bowl of millions created for nowadays R&B/pop/rap/hip-hop/nickelback-crap artists!: Bono's there !
(I could go on and on....)

My point is: I think it's totally justified that Bono's is a millionair. He (and the band) worked hard for it and they deserve it.
But sometimes it feels like all the idealism, passion, anger, passionate songs and speeches, white flags, the old U2-controversy to the capitalistic self-indulged '80's, were just tools to get them where they are now: The Big Multi-Million Honey-pot!
I would wanna know what the Bono of let's say the "War" period would think of the Bono nowadays: a chubby man who got fat on expensive wine & foie gras that smokes a big expensive cigar with a car-salesman at some kind of millionairs fair like the Top Marques because he just bought another $ 250.000 costing car!

I remember the time (80's) Bono would pull his nose up to artists like Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran or George Michael just because they admitted they sometimes blow-dried their hair and wore hair-gel and confessed they had a swimming-pool build by their house...
Well, these guys could all take lessons from nowadays-Bono when it comes to Living-It-Large!

I'm just sad that the old passion and idealism of Bono seems completely snowed under by the way Bono portrays himself in the media nowadays.

Now you can all start bashing me (I can take it!:tongue:) and proceed with analysing Bono's hair-cut and discussing the way it's trimmed, if it's blow-dried or if he uses hair-gel! All very important issues for a real U2-fan!:lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom