Bono at the 1994 Grammies -- PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
I am looking for somwhere on the net that has the real video of Bono at the Grammies in 1994, where he accepted the award for best alternative album and he said 'Fuck up the Mainstream'(also when he inducted Sinatra, but the Zooropa part is the most important).

Does anyone have ANY IDEA how I may be able to find this????????

Thanks.

------------------
You Just Can't Get Enough Of That Lovey Dovey Stuff...

I don't know where on the net you can find it, but I can tell you exactly what the speach said if that helps you any. Otherwise sorry.

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Originally posted by Se7en:
by all means...do tell...

I was actuallly talking about the Frank Sinatra speech. You want me to post that?

------------------

Ok so here's the Acceptance speech for Best Alternative Album:

"Yeah Alternative, alright. I wanna see the Smashing Pumpkins in the stadiums. Anyway. Yeah, since we started out the college music chart and the alternative music chart has always been the most important chart for us and from 1980 to about now, I think we have done ok in those charts. What else? ...I think I'd like to give a message to the young people of America. And that is: We shall continue to abuse our position and fuck up the mainstream. God Bless."

------------------

And last but not least... the most amazing speech to Frank Sinatra:

...""Right... Frank never did like Rock'N'Roll. And, he's not crazy about guys wearing earrings either. But, he doesn't hold it against me and anyway, the feelings not mutual. Rock'N'Roll people love Frank Sinatra because Frank Sinatra's got what we want- swagger & attitude, big on attitude, serious attitude, bad attitude. Frank's the chairman of the bad, wherever he is... Rock'N'Roll plays at being tough, but this
guy, he's the boss. The boss of bosses, the man, the big bang of pop. I'm not going to mess with him, are you?
Who's this guy that every city in America wants to claim as their own? This painter who lived in the desert. This first take, first rate actor. This singer who makes other men poets, boxing clever with every word. Talking like America- fast, straight up, in head lines, coming through with the big shtick, the aside, the quiet compliments. Good cop, bad cop all in the same breath. You know his story, 'cause it's
your story. Frank walks like America- cocksure. It's 1945 and the US Calvary are trying to get their asses out of Europe but they never really do. They are part of another kind of invasion. AFOR- American Forces Radio, broadcasting music that will curl the stiff upper lip of England and the rest of the world, paving the way for Rock'N'Roll with jazz, Duke Ellington, the
Big Band, Tommy Dorsey and right out in front- Frank Sinatra. His voice tight as a fist, opening at the end of a bar, not on the beat, over it, playing with it, splitting it like a jazz man, like Miles Davis turning on the right phrase and the right song, which is where he lives, where he let's go, where he reveals himself. His songs are his home and he let's you in. But you know, to sing like that you got to have lost a couple fights. To know tenderness and romance, you got to have had your heart broken. People say Frank Sinatra hasn't talked to the press. They want to know how he is, what's on his mind. But you know, Sinatra's out there more nights than most punk bands. Selling his story through the songs. Telling in articulate, in the choice of these songs, private thoughts on a public address system. Generous, this conundrum of Frank Sinatra. Left and right brain hardly talking. Boxer & painter, actor & singer, lover & father, band-man & loner, trouble-shooter & trouble-maker. The champ who would rather show his scars than his metals. He may be puddy in Barbara's hands but I'm not gonna mess with him- are you? Ladies and Gentlemen, are you ready to welcome a man heavier than the Empire State. More connected than the twin towers.. As recognizable as the Statue of Liberty. And living proof that God is a Catholic.
The King of New York city. Francis Albert Sinatra."

------------------

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 10-31-2001).]

Back
Top Bottom