Bono & The Edge going solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meriphew

The Fly
If this were to happen, who's record would be better? Do you think either one of them would be able to come up with a new, non U2 sounding album?

Noooooooo way brother
The sum of the parts is much better than the individual
THey each have their own gift
only together do they achieve Heaven (on earth)

I think they have said before that without any of the 4 members they would not exist, musically, or that they would not go on as a group.

That is an indicator to me that they would not do solo projects.

I think that means more like - if someone quits the band, or dies, there will be no more U2, not that they won't do solo stuff. Edge already has done some stuff.

I wasn't aware of Edge doing anything else
I know Adam and Larry did the Mission Impossible theme, which was cool. And Bono has done some duets too, also WGO.

I just think if either of them came out with their own solo album I probably wouldn't be pumped for it.

Is it just me, or is anyone else completely unable to imagine a Bono solo album?

I've always thought that Bono was a great lyricist, but...

My prediction: we'll see solo albums from both these guys one day. Bono's will have moments of great beauty, but overall it'll be self-indulgent and a bit affected. Edge's will be highly artistic but a bit inaccessible. I see him collaborating with the likes of Andy Summers, Robert Fripp and Eno.

Just my expectations.

Back
Top Bottom