Bono and Sinatra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

irelandwhispers

War Child
I just checked U2.com and noticed that they have streaming audio of Bono singing a cover of Frank Sinatra's "That's Life", which I am excited about because I am also a Sinatra fan. The whole song is on there, not just a clip. :heart:

Does anyone know which other Sinatra tunes U2 or Bono has covered? One of them is "I've Got You Under My Skin," a duet Bono did with Ol' Blue Eyes, but I'm pretty sure there are some other tunes out there.

Well, it depends on what you call a Sinatra tune whether or not Bono/U2 have covered it. Sinatra never wrote songs himself, he covered standards.
So he also did Night And Day, a song U2 have also covered themselves, but originally that is a Cole Porter song (just like I've Got You Under My Skin). IIRC, U2 played New York, New York on the Zoo TV tour. I don't know exactly which songs Sinatra has recorded, but I guess there are a few others which U2 also have played.

C ya!

Marty

Popmartijn said:
Well, it depends on what you call a Sinatra tune whether or not Bono/U2 have covered it. Sinatra never wrote songs himself, he covered standards.
So he also did Night And Day, a song U2 have also covered themselves, but originally that is a Cole Porter song (just like I've Got You Under My Skin). IIRC, U2 played New York, New York on the Zoo TV tour. I don't know exactly which songs Sinatra has recorded, but I guess there are a few others which U2 also have played.

C ya!

Marty

Yeah, that's what I meant, songs that both U2 and Sinatra have performed.

Does anyone know a site that might list all the U2 cover tunes?

I absolutely loved the Duet with Sinatra.... "Under My Skin".....The new cover..."That's Life" sounds amazing too but I'm not sure if I'll be willing to see "The Good Thief".

(I'd love to hear more Sinatra covers....but i couldn't find anymore....)

Back
Top Bottom