Bono and Madonna?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevatedmole

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay, I've been kind of out of it lately, so if I've completely missed this, just kick me into the reject box. :wave:

On the Velvet Rope, they were discussing Britney's new album, etc. and the new single with Madonna. Here's a snippet of a post:

"It stuns me that after supposedly turning down tons of duets (she claims Bono and pavarotti), Madonna hooks onto this mess. It's a sonic version of Ashton and Demi (and just as shallow and reeking of marketing). Neither is at a career highpoint. Two sinking ships, hugging in the icy water."

So.. what's the deal? Is this a previously discussed rumour I missed, or is the person onto something new or are they just crazy? It reminds me of the Jennifer Lopez duet rumour early this year, so I'm wondering if it's some form of that.

:confused:

My guess is that both of them were contacted to sing on the 'What's Goin' On' thing, and somehow thought that Bono must want to do a duet with them.

Either that, or they're just making stuff up.

I personally think Bono & Madonna or Bono & J-lo would be very un cool for U2 and their fans. What next? Corporate sponsorship for next tour with regular live phone ins to George Bush for a cosy chat?

jinn77 said:
I personally think Bono & Madonna or Bono & J-lo would be very un cool for U2 and their fans. What next? Corporate sponsorship for next tour with regular live phone ins to George Bush for a cosy chat?

It doesn't really matter. Bono can sing with whoever he wants; U2 fans don't have to like it since it's not U2 doing the duet. Personally, I'd prefer Bono not to go anywhere near J-Lo, but if he wants to, that's his business.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Personally, I'd prefer Bono not to go anywhere near J-Lo

I wouldn't be too happy about that either! If he did a duet with J-Lo, then I would have to listen to it because it had Bono, but that would mean I'd also be listening to J-Lo ... :no:

If Bono sang a duet with J-Lo, my respect for him would take a dive.

He asked her to sing on the What's Going On song, but she was in the middle of the Drowned World Tour and couldn't commit the time.

It's probably rumors. The J-Lo thing was apparently a rumor also. If he wants to work with these people I think it's his business. Madonna is talented; J-Lo, in my opinion, is not, but that's her problem, not Bono's.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom