Bono and John Lennon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

X-it 7

The Fly
With the 25th anniversary of John Lennon’s death approaching, I find myself once again noticing stark similarities between the lead Beatle and our man Bono, and to a somewhat lesser extent, U2 as a whole. Consider if you will the following:

- John Lennon was known globally for his crusade for peace, as is Bono.
- John Lennon donned signature glasses during the Beatles’ psychedelic stage and continued to wear them until they were part of his signature look, as did Bono during U2’s trip into experimentation and as he continues to do.
- John Lennon wrote a song called "Sunday Bloody Sunday."
- John Lennon wrote a song called “God.” Bono/U2 wrote a song called “God Part II.”
- The covers of “Let it Be “and “Pop” are comprised of headshots of the band members.
- John Lennon kept a residence in New York as does Bono.

I’m not suggesting that Bono copies John Lennon, but it appears instance after instance that he was very heavily influenced by him. Does anyone else feel this is the case? Any other similarities between the two men that anyone's noticed over the years?

yokobono.jpg

Bono Ono

till ATYCLB , after that bono went into soft pop rock made on venus
john lennon was big and much more international

John Lennon is one of Bono and the rest of U2's biggest heroes and musical influences. That's why they titled God Part II the way they did.

john lennon kinda lost it towards the end, i think elvis costello made a good point:

a millionare saying 'imagine no possessions' :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom