Bono and his shades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tabby

Refugee
I have seen lots of discussions on Bono's shades, and some think they might be prescription and he needs them to see. I have the opposite theory- he sometimes takes them OFF to see better!

Check out this one, he's meeting fans and they're showing him a photo album. In all the other pics from them, he's wearing shades, but in this he's not. So I think he took them off to see the pics better.

1noshades.jpg

Here he is being shown a chart of himself and his work by congressmen in DC. He had them on in other pics from that day. He took them off to see better.

chart.jpg

Okay so it's a slow news week:yawn:;)

Last edited:
It looks like he does need to take them off to see better. Glasses are funny things. I need them to see up-close better, but they screw me big time when the image is further away. I need them to thread a needle, but they screw me when I'm looking at a TV set. I can't see the image worth a damn until I take them off. Weird things, them glasses...........I love the pic of him with the Congressmen! Sorry, I know this isn't PLEBA but I couldn't resist. :lol: :lol: :laugh: :laugh:

I recall Bono stating during his speech at Harvard that "these are not sunglasses - they are protection."

I know that sometimes I wear sunglasses so others around me cannot see my eyes. It's weird and egotistical but I have very blue eyes and I occasionally wear sunglasses so girls cannot see them. It's a kind of mystique and Bono is one of the few that can get away with it without coming across as a typical egotistical rock star.

- The Zoocifer -

Zoocifer said:
I recall Bono stating during his speech at Harvard that "these are not sunglasses - they are protection."

I know that sometimes I wear sunglasses so others around me cannot see my eyes. It's weird and egotistical but I have very blue eyes and I occasionally wear sunglasses so girls cannot see them.

Protection from what if not the sun? Is he afraid someone will hurt his eyes?

What you said you do because of your blue eyes (what an ego:yes: ;)) is something some girls say about Bono, that if he showed those beautiful, intense, powerful blue eyes too much girls would pass out! :drool:

Personally, I love wearing sunglasses...I like having my eyes hidden. Eyes are the windows to the soul, and I feel more comfortable wearing sunglasses (though I don't wear them indoors...few people can do that without looking like a dork).

I did wear sunglasses inside for one certain occasion...in an English class, we had to perform a pantomime. I pantomimed Bono performing "The Fly" from the Zoo TV Sydney video. I was really nervous, but when I put on my shades, I felt better knowing that people couldn't see my eyes...that I could look right into their eyes, but they couldn't look into mine. It was comforting.

Back
Top Bottom