Bono and Edge play suprise gig in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Fanatic4ever said:

the link is bad. I get a error when I go to it..:huh:

this is the message I get when I go to it: "Http/1.1 Service Unavailable "

Link is good, it just went down for about 15 minutes for some reason...it's back working now.

last unicorn said:

Not really. The setlist was:
1. Stay
2 Desire
3. Angel of Harlem
4. Wave of Sorrow

It's more likely that the person who recorded was in shock for Stay, then fainted after Desire and just regained his/her consciousness in time to record the last song.

:wink:

haha...true! fretting over my still missing JT is messing with my brain :crazy:

Thanks for the link PopArtist.

I've included the new Desire vid in my save file now. (Desire View 2). I'll have an MP4 for ipod there in a bit too.

http://www.save file.com/projects/1083272

Just a hint...new YouTube videos actually show up much faster in Google video search (sort by date) than they do in YouTube search, it's almost immediate in Google.

Pop Artist said:
Just a hint...new YouTube videos actually show up much faster in Google video search (sort by date) than they do in YouTube search, it's almost immediate in Google.

oh, jeez...you scared me, I thought you were hinting at the fact that the Stay and Angel of Harlem/ LARS video's were actually up and available hahaha...I quickly went to google video and started searching...I still can't find anything :(

still can't get enough of desire and wave performances...so good :applaud:

Peterrrrr said:
I tried to visit this link on U2.com yesterday, but it was nothing on it(not used yet), but now when I try I get that is only for members. Im not a member of it anymore, so could any member here ceck this out:

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=2176

Here it is. Nothing we don't know yet, and the two pics they havehttp://forum.interference.com/newreply.php?s=&action=newreply&postid=4804543
U2 Feedback - Reply to Topic were posted earlier in this thread, but I'll put them here, too. I wonder what "More soon" will entail....Perhaps official video, as these pics look like video screencaps...

Making A Little Noise in London
Edge and Bono were on stage for a surprise acoustic set tonight for the Mencap Little Noise Sessions at London's Union Chapel. In a stripped down twenty minute performance, with Adam watching from the balcony, they played Stay, Desire, Angel of Harlem and Wave of Sorrow.

Presenter Jo Whiley asked the audience, who had come to hear We Are Scientists, Biffy Clyro and The Courteeners, to give a warm welcome for an up and coming act: the guitarist had not been playing that long and might make some mistakes while the singer was a little bit shy and not too articulate. 'Please welcome Edge and Bono!'

The audience provided a huge welcome for a haunting version of Stay, from 1993's Zooropa, which gave way to a pew-thumping performance of Desire, with Bono on harmonica, and segued into a timely rendition of Angel of Harlem. 'Our Christmas song,' explained Bono, on this cold winter's evening in north London.

With everyone demanding one more, Edge headed for the keyboards and opened up some chords to a U2 song never previously played live, Wave of Sorrow, found on the bonus CD of b-sides and rarities that comes with the remastered Joshua Tree. A song inspired, explained Bono, by his trip to Ethiopia in 1985. 'A really important time in the direction of my life and of the band.'

More soon.

unionchapel1.jpg

unionchapel2.jpg

hmm..where is wave of sorrows on youtube? i think it was removed!?!

oh nevermind, i just found it..but i think one of the videos has been removed..

The ending of WOS was sooooo much better in this live version than on the recorded one (and I liked that one a lot).

Bono's voice is so suprisingly incredible!! :faint:

Oh, and during Desire, when Bono sings "and you could never tear us apart", who do you think he's referring to exactly??

Hoping Stay/AOH will show up!!!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

I was randomly singing to myself today without really thinking about it and stopped and went :ohmy: when I realized it was Wave of Sorrow.

Back
Top Bottom