Bono and Edge play suprise gig in London

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To those of you who want to put the Youtube performance on your mp3-players:

Wave Of Sorrow (Acoustic)
http://www.save file.com/projects/808569948

(Remove the space between "save" and "file")

I'd love to get you Desire as well but my internet is crappy at the moment and it is getting rather late over here so I don't think I can do it right now.

holy shit, Bono sounds magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peter you rock, thanks very much :D

desire sounded awesome, and you guys, listen to that "waaaaaaaave" note, MIND-BOGGLING!!!

The_Edge89 said:
To those of you who want to put the Youtube performance on your mp3-players:

02 Desire (Acoustic)
04 Wave Of Sorrow (Acoustic)
http://www.save file.com/projects/808569948

(Remove the space between "save" and "file")

I'd love to get you Desire as well but my internet is crappy at the moment and it is getting rather late over here so I don't think I can do it right now.

I was wrong it seems! :D
Desire is now avaliable from the same project link as above.
However, I must really go to bed before I pass out now.
I hope some more videos pop up tomorrow! :drool:

Last edited:
bonocomet said:
Here's a saveable file of Desire video (listed under Desire) I'll have WOS up soon :wave:

ok both vids are there now.

http://www.save file.com/projects/1083272

You might want to correct the date for historical purposes. Friday's date was 11-23 and you have it as 11-22.

Thanks very much for the downloads.

Dana

bonocomet said:
What did he say right before starting Wave of Sorrow?

I think he says "turn down the piano onstage" to the sound engineer, so he could hear his vocals better I assume.

Good call Bono:bono:

Fuck, Bono is great on Desire! He is singing with so much passion and energy! Even though his voice was amazing on the last tour, what he did with Desire now is what I miised on that tour. Messing up with the melody just a little bit and belting out the words on that dirty and Springsteen way. A bit more ballsy with his voice. Awesome! I very much hope he keeps singing like that! :)

Now, where's that Angel of Harlem with that Like A Rolling Stone snippet? :love:

rihannsu said:
You might want to correct the date for historical purposes. Friday's date was 11-23 and you have it as 11-22.
Thanks very much for the downloads.
Dana

stayyoung said:
I think he says "turn down the piano onstage" to the sound engineer, so he could hear his vocals better I assume.
Good call Bono:bono:

ah ok thanks to you both! :)

Damn, Bono sounds great, especially on Desire! The lower register is still a little shaky, but not bad, and those upper notes are incredible! :ohmy: Can we get even more psyched for the new album???

Peterrrr, The_Edge89, and Bonocomet----you guys rock! :up:

special video included Desire and Wave of Sorrow by U2Place.com:

h**p://it.youtube.com/watch?v=8G1K_UM-gik

any idea how these videos were taken and how they ended up on youtube??

i can only imagine what Angel of Harlem/ LARS and Stay were like....omg Stay must've been haunting!! I can't believe it, first time in quite awhile it's been performed..and in such a small area like this! incredible..Bono's voice :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thank You to all who posted the links! Puts a smile on my face.

RedrocksU2 said:
AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Thanks!

Can you imagine being there, not expecting this :ohmy:

That would have been totally amazing, I probably would have had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Rob33 said:
any idea how these videos were taken and how they ended up on youtube??

Looks to me like they're from a digital camera, taken by a random audience member---who then posted it on youtube. :shrug:

It might be unlikely that we'll see Stay & AOH from this particular source----my guess is that the person was in shock when Bono & Edge came out, in even more shock when they started playing, and then was like, "Shit! I should be recording this!" Which is why they only got the second half of the set.

Still hoping for more sources.....and still hoping that those pics from u2.com are pro-shot video screen caps...:hmm:

Back
Top Bottom