Bono and Batman ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocifer

Acrobat
Sure,

Batman Forever gave "Hold me Thrill me Kiss me Kill me" a home (and a very good one), but I have a feeling the love for The Caped Crusader runs deeper than that. Check out the evidence:

bono_brown.jpg

This is back when Bono looked good (in my opinion). Short hair, scruffy face, blowing smoke in your eyes. Alright I'd better stop before I upset the "long hair" Bono fans (specifically the PLEBA chiquitas) and just point out the necklace. Is Bono actually Batman? I wouldn't be surprised if it was so.

- The Zoocifer -

oooooooooh child

well he was supposed to appear in the movie...maybe like a cameo thing...batman appears in his own movie;)

Re: oooooooooh child

kobayashi said:
well he was supposed to appear in the movie...maybe like a cameo thing...batman appears in his own movie;)

I think Bono actually wanted to BE batman for a movie...

they picked Val over him though, or he backed out or something. :cool:

mebbe larry got jealous
band03.jpg

Re: Re: oooooooooh child

oliveu2cm said:
I think Bono actually wanted to BE batman for a movie...
No, no. The film makers wanted Bono to play MacPhisto in the movie, but he said he couldn't act and didn't want to mess up his reputation. :) I even think Macphisto was actually supposed to replace The Riddler, but when Bono didn't wanted The Riddler got the job.
Bono wanting to play Batman. :lol:

:bono: : Hey, guys, you know...this new film.....Batman, yeah?......Can I play a role in it....not very important....maybe Batman hmself??? :D
filmmakers: Erhhhhh.......actually Batman's a bit taller and.....why do you want to play him?
:bono: :I know I look good in tighs. :D *thinks back on filming 'One'*
filmmakers: But you look better in a golden suit - do you want to play MacPhisto instead?
:bono: :NO! *leaves*

Re: Re: Re: oooooooooh child

FallingStar said:

No, no. The film makers wanted Bono to play MacPhisto in the movie, but he said he couldn't act and didn't want to mess up his reputation. :) I even think Macphisto was actually supposed to replace The Riddler, but when Bono didn't wanted The Riddler got the job.
Bono wanting to play Batman. :lol:

:bono: : Hey, guys, you know...this new film.....Batman, yeah?......Can I play a role in it....not very important....maybe Batman hmself??? :D
filmmakers: Erhhhhh.......actually Batman's a bit taller and.....why do you want to play him?
:bono: :I know I look good in tighs. :D *thinks back on filming 'One'*
filmmakers: But you look better in a golden suit - do you want to play MacPhisto instead?
:bono: :NO! *leaves*

:lol: got it

oh yeah- (i *thought* he had wanted to contribute...)

showbizireland.com
01-12-00 news
Bono missed Batman role...

Even though Ireland's biggest band U2 are out of the
country the band are still making news at home. It's been
revealed that Bono was up for the lead role as an evil
villain in the Hollywood blockbuster Batman Forever.
Joel Schumacher the Hollywood director behind the
film has said that he wanted Bono for a villain's role but
was forced to drop him in the end as roles were taken by
Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones.

Schumacker said "I met with him while I was putting
Batman Forever together and he wanted to play a villain
in The Riddler's world. But we had Jim Carrey and
Tommy Lee Jones and I didn't have part for him. He
understood my reasoning and then he wrote that fabulous
song for us which was wonderful."

Last edited:
Bono, when he has the time, is a longtime reader of Detective Comics, currently one of the longest running comics in existance today (the comic features Batman in detective-orientated stories). His love for Batman has existed long before the motion picture movie was made.

Well, I love Batman and I love Bono. Maybe they're the same person, and that's why! ;) lol. I'm actually glad MacPhisto wasn't in the movie, cause he's not an authentic Batman villian.

FishNeedsABicycle said:
I think Bono would have made an excellent Joker...
:yes: :D

Bono would've made a good Joker, but let's be honest; if anyone was born to play that role, it would've been Jack Nicholson.

I'm just disappointed that Larry didn't play Mr. Freeze.

Back
Top Bottom