Bono and Alicia Keys duet on Youtube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That was a really great performance. Injected life into an otherwise unspectacular Peter Gabriel song. Nice to see Bono looking vintage Popish.

Wow, he hit a high note in the line "Keep my EYES down below", anyone know here how high that was. He sound better then he did on the Superdome performence, still he is a little weaker and shaky on the lower parts. But it is an improvement since superdome.

shit, Bono is still capable of giving me chills. So much power and passion in that voice. I don't care how much you guys whine; B's still got it. And Alicia too :drool:

Anyone here who knows wich key he reach in the EYES note in the line "Keep my EYES down below" ? Is it just me who reminds of his 80's/90's voice in that note?

Peterrrrr said:
Anyone here who knows wich key he reach in the EYES note in the line "Keep my EYES down below" ? Is it just me who reminds of his 80's/90's voice in that note?

I just checked on my piano, he reaches a B!!

Wow, very nice. Bono sounded fantastic. :up:

<-- also digging the "vintage" Pop look. I'm so glad he cut his hair! LOL

Last edited:
Heres a question for all who is good on keys/notes, the way he sings "Keep my EYES down below" does that type of singing damage your voice, because my thougt is would it be possible for him to use the voice power in ISHFWILF or does that damage your voice if you sing it all nights on a tour? Would be great to hear him use this kind of singing in ISHFWILF

Peterrrrr said:

Nope! That was a "Kermit" Rattle and Hum era note!

Holy Moses!

Also liked the "A-fri-caa" joint singing and the hug at the end.

I think their voices work well together.

redhill said:

Lovetown Bono!

Woo-hoo!

Don't mean to be rude but I don't like the lovetown voice, he couldnt hit notes properly, notes he hit clean under the JT tour he had to scream to under the LT tour. Also he got this whsiper sound in the backgorund of his voice on the LT tour, and the kermit voice :( He had hard to hit the Wide Awake part in Bad on LT tour, he couldnt sing ISHFWILF like he did on JT.

But if you want to hear him sing better then both JT and LT listen to this one:
http://www.send space.com/file/849jdy

turn up the speakers loud and listen to Bad and SBS on this show.

The Slow Loris said:
I love what the song becomes at the part where Alicia sings, "You worry too much...." That part onward is just brilliant, and is where the song turns into something special for me.

On second thought, yes, the songs takes off from that moment. Love the mini "yeah"s from Alicia when Bono gets onto the high notes.

Last edited:
Peterrrrr said:

Don't mean to be rude but I don't like the lovetown voice, he couldnt hit notes properly, notes he hit clean under the JT tour he had to scream to under the LT tour. Also he got this whsiper sound in the backgorund of his voice on the LT tour, and the kermit voice :( He had hard to hit the Wide Awake part in Bad on LT tour, he couldnt sing ISHFWILF like he did on JT.

But if you want to hear him sing better then both JT and LT listen to this one:
http://www.send space.com/file/849jdy

turn up the speakers loud and listen to Bad and SBS on this show.

No...your not being rude!

I don't like the overall Lovetown voice on most songs either.

Just think it is cool when Bono revisits it..especially since it was close to two decades ago AND when he hits one powerfully...

I really don't see the Lovetown comparison in terms of the sound of his voice. Maybe it's one of the same notes as the many he hit during Lovetown, but in terms of sound, his voice has changed -- a lot. It doesn't have that full richness it did during Lovetown, for example. Now it's more thin...almost falsetto. However, I agree it was a very impressive note for him to hit.

Back
Top Bottom