Bombs in Kabul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You beat me to it! Must be a US attack, they must have proof who is responsible. Keep us updated!

Well, Bush addresses the nation at 9:00 pm Eastern I believe... we'll certainly get news of this then, if things are not clarified... *waiting in suspense*

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

The world is a sick, scary place...makes you not want to even live in it anymore.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Do you think the USA would be acting so fast?

Yes.

Today has seen the U.S attacked in the most horrible way, while the President, Vice-President and Speaker of the House have been hiding in bunkers while the people run around terrified.

I'm willing to bet that this is being done more for domestic peace of mind than to acheive any real millitary goal. We don't really know who did what, but we suspect it was Osama Bin Laden, so we will mess with the Afgans to show that we are doing something when there is little we can really do at the moment with regard to actually making a dent in the terrorist network that perporated these terrible acts.

[This message has been edited by DoctorGonzo (edited 09-11-2001).]

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:
Yes.

Today has seen the U.S attacked in the most horrible way, while the President, Vice-President and Speaker of the House have been hiding in bunkers while the people run around terrified.
I'm willing to bet that this is being done more for domestic peace of mind than to acheive any real millitary goal. We don't really know who did what, but we suspect it was Osama Bin Laden, so we will mess with the Afgans to show that we are doing something when there is little we can do at the moment.

First, what do you expect the President and Vide-Pres do? Run into the center of things and get hurt or killed? Of course they're taking shelter...everyone is.
Secondly, Bin Laden's guilt is more than a hunch. One thing we have learned from CNN is that American Intelligence has intercepted messages from people associated with Bin Laden saying they had "hit their targets". Plus, there's probably much more exact proof than that.

CNN have reported 6 to 10 explosions being heard around the outskirts of Kabul, however US officials say this is not US-related.

While I agree that it's essential for national security that the president and vice-president be secured, I think Bush should have issued some sort of statement earlier. Once I heard the Pentagon was hit I got nervous, that is SCARY SHIT, I always think of it as being indestructible. Obviously we are all vulnerable to this kind of violence.

I don't think it is the US but the Northern Aliance. They are probably just hoping to get support from the US.

don't believe that this is U.S. related. Most reports now saying it is inner retaliation of people in that area who thought these attacks were a stupid move.

We shall see. I would hope that we could do a little better than a few explosions, before we know all the facts. I think we will find out who is responsible for sure first and then go after them and the government that supports them.

such an evil day
casting all our love away ...

boards breaking,
the sky is shaking,
we hit our knees and pray ...
- b.a.evans

~Zoo~

------------------
" They had the Vision, but we had the Television " - The Edge

" The greatest lesson you'll ever learn - is to love, and be loved in return" - David Bowie

It has just been reported that these are a result of an ongoing civilian attack within Kabul, and not U2-related.

------------------
"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, we are close to each other." -Bono

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I meant to say... US-related *lol*

biggrin.gif

russian forces , they know how to deal with these bastards
+ Northern Alliance & Tujekestan

[This message has been edited by IvanClaytonJnr (edited 09-11-2001).]

Originally posted by u2head:
CCN is just reporting multiple detonations in Kabul.

Could this be the beginning of retribution?

If the US government is behind it, it doesn't seem very wise to me...

The incitement of fear and panic IS one of the enemy's main goals.

Don't fall for it.

Be calm. Be reasonable. Pray and leave it to our gov't; our military... and most importantly, in God's hands.

Realize that what will come out of all this... after the shock; after the anger; after the pain and hurt... What will come is a greater sense of unity in this country. Whenever tragedy or terror surfaces, this country unites!! These terrorists... Basically, the whole fanatical Islamic world just DOES NOT understand the American people.
They underestimate us. They think we are as fanatical and "primitive" as they are. They think we ALL want an "eye for an eye" as they do. They think we will break and fall to our knees before them and "Allah"...

We will not.

We only grow stronger from this.

There are not enough 767's in this world to bring the spirit of this nation crashing down!

I realize this is no "Free Your Mind", but allow me to quote this Bible scripture:

Book of Romans Chapter 5

"Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,
through whom we have gained access (by faith) to this grace in which we stand, and we boast in hope of the glory of God.
Not only that, but we even boast of our afflictions, knowing that affliction produces endurance,
and endurance, proven character, and proven character, hope,
and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the holy Spirit that has been given to us."

"And hope does not disappoint."
Hope is a powerful thing.

Peace be with you all
smile.gif

------------------
My love for you
It's in the things I do and say
If I wanna live I gotta
Die to myself someday.
Surrender.

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
I meant to say... US-related *lol*

That makes me think - I wish I had a buck for every time I have typed U@ instead of U2

------------------
All we are saying is give peace a chance //oo\\

Back
Top Bottom