BOMB: U2.com Membership Order Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
I've ordered.
Now it's not available anymore.

I called Fanfire and they couldn't find my order and my credit card was already charged.

They asked me to call back on Friday when they will probably have the orders on their system.

Anybody with the same problem?

:mad:

I haven't subscribed yet, but if this technical glitch isn't fixed and your credit card is still charged, call your credit card company. They will assist you. Tell them that your card was charged, but that nothing was delivered. They will contact the vendor and remove the charge.

Right now, chalk it up to a glitch - it happens.

I subscribed yesterday morning, but nothing really has happened yet :huh:

I got the order confirmation, but my credit card hasn't been charged yet.

Have they decided to scrap the subscritions totally..I mean..it's a bit confusing.

I can see my order status by typing in the order number but I'm not able to actually sign in anymore.

I ordered yesterday and now my order doesn't exist tho I have an email telling me it DID exist once :(

I placed an order early on (I think I was the first to post the link here, before it showed up as a link on U2 and before it was searchable on fanfire.com) 11/22/2004 02:56pm Pacific according to my order, and it shows up fine on fanfire.com when I log in.

I have not been able to find where exactly to sign up for the membership.

I called Fanfire and they told me that it should be up on the site on Friday.

BTW, any Prop members sign up and if so, do you need your member number or are they able to pull your name up automatically?

Thank you!

I spoke to them yesterday and today (FanFire that is) about Prop. They said we are suppose to get a letter and by Friday we can call them and check to see if we are in the database for Prop and we could then sign up at the lower rate. The full conversion of Prop has not been completed yet, it was suppose to be done today. I would assume that they would be able to pull up membership ID#'s from the database so I wouldn't worry.

My pleasure. I was confused too. I still haven't received any letter from Prop.

Oh, I also asked about tickets and there are different packages. The best one is platinum and that is the first two rows however i don't know where the rows are. The lady said that your seats can still be obstructed even with the platinum seats depending on the venue and how U2 sets up. However we are all guarented tickets with the membership.

*crosses fingers and hopes for no obstruction in her purchase of tickets*

These packages can also be expensive. For elevation they did one where it was $350.00 for two tickets which included a bar first and dinner. :shrug:

I haven't received a letter from Propaganda either.

As long as we are able to purchase seats, I'm happy although I would prefer to be in the "Platinum" area. :)

The link is back up. I only wish they had a section to put in our Prop ID.

So by Friday we should all have received our letters? We're not getting mail tomorrow here in the US, so... I doubt all of us will get them by Friday. :huh:

If we sign up now will there be something that can tell by name if you're a Prop member?

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

The link is not there. And when you go to fanfire.com and click the link for the u2 fanclub it takes you back to u2.com!

They better fix these glitches before I hand over my $$

youtwohearts said:

These packages can also be expensive. For elevation they did one where it was $350.00 for two tickets which included a bar first and dinner. :shrug:

This doesn't make sense to me.

During Elevation, the packages were sold through ETS, and you did not have to be part of any sort of fan club to purchase them.

Why would you join this for $40 and then on top of that pay for the package, when you can go through an independent agency like ETS and forego the initial fee altogether?

"If you are an existing Propaganda member, we have a special offer for you, so please do not subscribe until you receive your letter!

European members will receive your letter week commencing 22nd November 2004. North America and Rest of World members will receive your letter week commencing 29 November 2004."

Taken from the soon to be new U2 site

Chrisedge said:
I placed an order early on (I think I was the first to post the link here, before it showed up as a link on U2 and before it was searchable on fanfire.com) 11/22/2004 02:56pm Pacific according to my order, and it shows up fine on fanfire.com when I log in.
I did the same thing...on the 22nd. Mine shows up fine as well.

anitram said:

This doesn't make sense to me.

During Elevation, the packages were sold through ETS, and you did not have to be part of any sort of fan club to purchase them.

Why would you join this for $40 and then on top of that pay for the package, when you can go through an independent agency like ETS and forego the initial fee altogether?

Your right, I am so sorry. It was ETS not Fanfire. I was discussing it with another member and I think we just got confused.

However, they still could be expensive. We are suppose to get a discount on tickets aren't we?

Back
Top Bottom