Bomb Rating Goes Up on Amazon.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjboog

Refugee
It's not really important but I always thought that 3/5 star rating on Amazon.com looked really ugly especially for album of the year. I was just checking the sales rank and nocticed that it finally went up to 3.5/5 stars! A vast majoity of the reviews since the grammys have been very positive. It seems that the album of the year award has lead people to give Bomb a second chance and finally move up that terrible 3 star rating! :applaud:

I've also seen that a few minutes ago. I think that everyone in this forum should write a small review of the bomb on amazon and give it 4 or 5 stars but only if it's your real opinion. :wink:

even if you don't like it you should write a review and speak your mind. I'm just happy it went up, that 3 stars to me tainted the whole thing.

It's such a joke though, it should have a 4 or a 4.5 rating but it's gotten a bunch of 1 star ratings by people who ahte U2, stupid kids who love Green Day, and others who don't appreciate real music. Also, the Grammy sweep brought on a slew of new bitter 1 star raters, seriously they need a system that validates ratings, if someone rights a legitmate review and dislikes it, that's fine, but 1 star reviews with about once sentence explaining oh so elequently how "U2 suckz" those should be weeded out.

powerhour24 said:
It's such a joke though, it should have a 4 or a 4.5 rating but it's gotten a bunch of 1 star ratings by people who ahte U2, stupid kids who love Green Day, and others who don't appreciate real music. Also, the Grammy sweep brought on a slew of new bitter 1 star raters, seriously they need a system that validates ratings, if someone rights a legitmate review and dislikes it, that's fine, but 1 star reviews with about once sentence explaining oh so elequently how "U2 suckz" those should be weeded out.

Yah, there are lots of "U2 retire please you suck" reviews. Even though there have been a couple of 1 star ratings after the grammys, the vast majoirty have them are 5 star ratings. They should probably only let you review the CD is you actually purchase it from amazon. That way people can't just drop in with a 1 star review if they hate U2. Then again I wouldn't be able to drop in my 1 star reviews for Green Day...hehehe. Sorry I am a bit of a hypocrite ;) . Actually I have heard all of American Idiot and still rated it 1 star. It just seems like people who heard Vertigo on the radio automatically hate the CD and therefore hate U2.

The problem is they don't properly filter reviews over at Amazon.com. They let any idiot come in and post whatever nonsense that he or she feels like posting that day! I stopped wasting my time reading Amazon reviews a long time ago!

Instead I waste my time here discussing the merits of the new U2. ;)

You can look at other reviews that people have done of other albums.

This particular reviewer gave HTDAAB 1 star and had this to say about it:

"I was furious and livid when I saw U2 steal five Grammys for what has to be the worst album of their 26 year career. We all know these guys are overrated, so how could they walk away with five Grammys? It makes no sense. Just avoid these phonies."

I then looked at his other reviews and found this one at the top:

Songs in the Key of Life ~ Stevie Wonder

He gave it 1 Star and had this to say about it:

"A Justin Timberlake rip-off, February 12, 2006
I was at a friend's party, and I was shocked when I heard this debut album from a new guy called Stevie Wonder. This album sounds exactly like Justin Timberlake's "Justified." The lyrics, the singing, and the music resembles Justin so closely, it is scary. I would like to give this CD five stars, but it's very unoriginal. Next time, Stevie should get his own sound and stop trying to be like Justin."

:wink:

STING2 said:

I was at a friend's party, and I was shocked when I heard this debut album from a new guy called Stevie Wonder. This album sounds exactly like Justin Timberlake's "Justified." The lyrics, the singing, and the music resembles Justin so closely, it is scary. I would like to give this CD five stars, but it's very unoriginal. Next time, Stevie should get his own sound and stop trying to be like Justin."

You're kidding! :lmao:

Here are some more of his reviews:

"5 STARTS Confessions on a Dance Floor ~ Madonna
: Madonna looked great at the Grammys!, February 9, 2006
Madonna's sizzling performance at the Grammys reminds us that she is, and always will be, the queen of pop. "Confessions on a Dance Floor" is an amazing album that enthralls, entices, and amazes. Disco never sounded this good. Buy now, and remember: "Sorry" is the new single. We love you, Madge!"

"American Idiot ~ Green Day 5 STARS: They won Grammys!, February 9, 2006
Green Day is to be commended for their artistic brilliance and for standing up to that vile thug George W. Bush. More importantly, they won a Grammy for record of the year, one of the ceremony's highest honors! I love Green Day! Congratulations, boys!"

"5 STARS: Late Registration ~ Kanye West: 3 Grammys!, February 9, 2006
Kanye West won three Grammys for his amazing album "Late Registration," one of the hottest albums of 2005! Kanye tells it like it is, fighting ignorance, hatred, and gold diggers! And anyone who says Kanye is a racist should be sucker-punched. Go buy this album!"

"1 STAR: Dark Side of the Moon 30th Anniversary Edition ~ Pink Floyd Too bad we can't go lower than one star, February 10, 2006
Truth hurts. It may be painful, but it makes us stronger and better prepared for reality. And the truth is this: Pink Floyd are overrated. It defies logic that this record went multiplatinum. Because these guys aren't on MTV, I'm convinced that they're not good. Remember, if it's not on MTV, then it ain't worth picking up."

"Complete Studio Recordings ~ Led Zeppelin Holy mother the five star reviewer is a retard, February 12, 2006
The below 5 star reviewer has no social or sex life, so he feels the need to counter all my reviews. I think he's jealous of me. Anyway, this box set stinks. No stars."

"1 STAR London Calling ~ The Clash London's calling Southern Rock to go to hell, February 12, 2006
The previous 5 star reviewer doesn't live in the South. He actually lives in India, where I hope the next tsunami will wash away his home and computer. What do we need to do to make him disappear? Anyway, the Clash is positively dreadful and overrated. One star, please."

"1 STAR: The Best of 1980-1990 ~ U2 I'd be "thrilled" if Southern Rock 4 Ever disappeared, February 12, 2006
What a moron. The below 5 star reviewer will ass-kiss any classic rock band while trashing REAL music like Mariah and Britney. My hatred for him grows by the week. Anyway, U2 are a bunch of phonies that had NO RIGHT to win so many Grammys. They and this album get one star."

I would hope its a Joke, but I think this person is being serious.

Last edited:
STING2 said:
You can look at other reviews that people have done of other albums.

This particular reviewer gave HTDAAB 1 star and had this to say about it:

"I was furious and livid when I saw U2 steal five Grammys for what has to be the worst album of their 26 year career. We all know these guys are overrated, so how could they walk away with five Grammys? It makes no sense. Just avoid these phonies."

:wink:

:lmao:

Either this man is an utter moron, or he's writing very tongue-in-cheek. Sadly, I vote for the former, not the latter. I'm sure he's never heard of Stevie Wonder and the brilliance of that album (arguably Wonder's best). For him to call Wonder "new" or even compare him to Timberlake is so ridiculous that even if he was trying to be funny, it's too much.

I'm a U2 fan that believes HTDAAB deserves 2 stars at most. Fortunately, I don't waste my time posting reviews or giving marks, so your precious 3.5 star is protected. I could give a shit. All this talk about "real music" don't make sense when it comes from people who probably never picked up an instrument or never taken a music lesson.

To Powerhour and cjboog: Green Day made their most mature album to date, and you easily dismiss it as not "real music". I'm not even a Green Day fan and I can still see that their efforts on the last album paid off big. It shows that you, like most of the halfwits in here, have no real inkling what real music is and would think that music will be dead if U2 retired.

GibsonExplorer said:
I'm a U2 fan that believes HTDAAB deserves 2 stars at most. Fortunately, I don't waste my time posting reviews or giving marks, so your precious 3.5 star is protected. I could give a shit. All this talk about "real music" don't make sense when it comes from people who probably never picked up an instrument or never taken a music lesson.

To Powerhour and cjboog: Green Day made their most mature album to date, and you easily dismiss it as not "real music". I'm not even a Green Day fan and I can still see that their efforts on the last album paid off big. It shows that you, like most of the halfwits in here, have no real inkling what real music is and would think that music will be dead if U2 retired.

The 12,000 members of the Grammy academy have all been involved in creating music, and their majority opinion is that HTDAAB is the Album Of The Year.

STING2 said:

The 12,000 members of the Grammy academy have all been involved in creating music, and their majority opinion is that HTDAAB is the Album Of The Year.

The same 12000 that voted Green Day for Record of the Year?

Back
Top Bottom