Blue Room

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STING2

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Blue Room,
I believe you stated that Paul McCartney did not charge less than 100 dollars for his arena shows. This weeks boxscore shows that he did charge 50 dollar tickets for shows in Chicago and New York City as well as other places. Only Vegas did not get 50 dollar tickets, but that often happens in Vegas. Here is the Link: http://www.billboard.com/billboard/charts/boxscore.jsp

Ok, big deal. I think I will agree with Jayhawk on this one!

Anyway, the point is that there were not alot of $50 tickets and they were nosebleeds (I'am sure you will do an inventory of all the tickets and where the specific seats were in each venue now!). But the Stones will have MANY more affordable tickets available in stadiums than Paul did in the small arenas. My point IS that the Stones are giving their fans more options.

Oh, and I checked Ticketmaster for tickets for Paul for the Detroit show. I could only pull up $200 to $350 tickets. This was 2 minutes after they went on sale and it took a day for the show to sellout (Detroit was one of the few sellouts on his tour). So obviously those tickets went first and there were not alot of them.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 05-10-2002).]

Originally posted by Hewson:
In Boston, the $50 seats were balcony behind the stage.

I saw Paul there, had the $50.00 balcony seats-but they weren't behind the stage. He didn't sell any seats behind the stage because of the obstructed view:that whole section was empty.

That show sold out in 15 minutes. I'm so glad I went too-he put on a fantastic show.
smile.gif

------------------
~Your insults and your curses make me feel like I'm not a person~

I think it was section 309-the one in the back directly across from the stage.

It was so great to hear all those Beatles tunes. The concert was 2 1/2 hours-longer than U2's
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by mikal:
Does it really matter? It's just a thread.

Thats the whole point. The entire thread doesnt matter, it could have been put in the Stones thread on this subject that sparked this conversation. It did not need a separate post. The whole thing is stupid IMO. This is a U2 board, lets discuss U2. Not Paul and the Stones. I really dont care to know this much detail about either artist even though I like both.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
you talk about the thread like it's not even here.

OHHH KAAYYYYYY now???? Whatever that means

Back
Top Bottom