Blender Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now i'm intrigued about "Man and a Woman"

Adam: "The ladies will love it."

I don't know how many more of these articles I can take. Everytime I read one of these track by track sypnoses my head starts to ache from anticipation.

ChangeTheTemperature said:
The album used to be 13 songs (60 minutes)!

Bono thinks it was too long.

They cut two songs: Fast Cars and an un-named track(Best B-Side you've ever heard)

I wonder what the other song is.

(from the article....)

"Mercy", a six and a half minute outpouring of U2 at its most uninhibitedly U2-ish

Haha, i know what you mean. It's hard to imagine knowing this much about an album i've never heard.:huh:

Queen Bee said:
blender2.gif

:lmao:

wow. priceless.

is adam grabbing bono's butt?

Great article!! :applaud: I need this record NOW!!!!!!!!! :crazy:

Thanks Nate Dogg! :up:

Blender Magazine: “Yaweh”
The Edge: “The real key was the bass part because it underpins the whole song. It’s magnificent.”
Clayton: “Really, it was nothing.”

:laugh: :lmao:

OMG, Yaweh has a mandolin by Daniel Lanois, COBL an outtake from POP, the solo in LAPOE, IM LOSING MY MIND...AHHHHH

TheBrazilianFly said:
Blender Magazine: “Yaweh”
The Edge: “The real key was the bass part because it underpins the whole song. It’s magnificent.”
Clayton: “Really, it was nothing.”

:laugh: :lmao:

Yea this was my favorite part too. :applaud:

I wonder why Edge rewrote the chords for the verse of "Original of the Species". :hmm:

Last edited:
Wow that was a very interesting article! I particularly like that they are using a song from the POP era, should be some cool sounds, and Man And A Woman sounds like it might have an Electrical Storm feel to it. I wonder where the tune they cut will show up...:hmm:

Sleep Over Jack said:
I wonder where the tune they cut will show up...:hmm:

I hope they don't cut any songs. :no: They are already not adding Fast Cars to the list and that song seems to be one of the most intresting to me. I'm drooling over A Man And A Woman everytime a new description of it comes out. I need my new U2 songs now.... :drool:

Perhaps the album has a better flow to it with the omission of the song in question... Bono did say it was "the best B-side you’ve ever heard.” Does this mean it really will be a b-side or are they gonna save it for the future...
:hmm: :hmm:

Where does Bono says that thing about the best B-Side you have ever heard? I must have missed that part. I still hope that they can find the right flow with all the songs they have.

Ok, who's going to be the hero and post the rest of the article.....I need to hear more about the new "magnificent" album!!

This article in addition to the other things we have heard in the media is giving me a great feeling about the new album,,,the album seems to be bursting with great tunes!:yes:

I read that part again and it seems that the one that was scraped out of the new album is Fast Cars, as we already knew, not one of the other eleven. Thank God. I'm still really excited about Fast Cars though and want to hear it badly! :yes:

I wonder if he's refering to Fast Cars as the best B-side ever? And if not I wonder if the B-side for Vertigo is the best B-side ever?

I believe its Fast Cars. Remember the Q Magazine review said that Fast Cars should have stayed on the album.

artdirector

The best B-side ever according to Bono in the article is "Mercy." This song is about 6 and a half minutes of pure U2. It got cut from the final tracklisting and so did "Fast Cars." Bono thought it was too long at about 1 hour and it didn't really flow.

FullonEdge2 said:
The best B-side ever according to Bono in the article is "Mercy." This song is about 6 and a half minutes of pure U2. It got cut from the final tracklisting and so did "Fast Cars." Bono thought it was too long at about 1 hour and it didn't really flow.

:drool:

Does he say that on the Blender article? Some good soul could type the rest of the article for those who don't have it. :wink:

TheBrazilianFly said:

:drool:

Does he say that on the Blender article? Some good soul could type the rest of the article for those who don't have it. :wink:

Hehe! Actually the link is posted earlier in this very thread. It shows a good chunk of the article as well as the review. It makes for an awesome read. Check it out!

FullonEdge2 said:

Hehe! Actually the link is posted earlier in this very thread. It shows a good chunk of the article as well as the review. It makes for an awesome read. Check it out!

How much more of the article is there?

Back
Top Bottom