Blarghy Cold!!!! :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
I am sick. I have a pounding headache, my nose is stuffed, my throat aches, and I am so tired I could sleep for days. I am knocked out, worn out, run down, etc. This sucks big time.

Any quick remedies out there? I leave for Vegas in 2 days!!!!!!

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

~*April*~

This might help!

5499856.jpg

I guess try to get as much sleep as you can!
And even though you're already sick, try to take lots of zinc!! Hope you feel better soon!
smile.gif
Hopefully you'll feel better in Vegas since it's not all shitty and cold like where we're from...

------------------
Tonight this city belongs to me...

Vitamin C + a mineral multi-vitamin

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

glass of dry red wine specially prepared -> hot w/lemon juice (works 4 me!!!)
either you'll be a little tipsy or little healthier...

uh oh and the compres made of man cleavage...

APRIL, AWWWWWW!!! ***HUGS*** I JUST got over a cold I had for TWO WEEKS...I am still coughing a little and my sinuses are still a bit stuffy...I love ya, can't wait to meet ya, but....keep your distance, girl!!!
biggrin.gif
(sorry, but if there's a cold within 5 miles, I'll catch it)

There's no real remedy for a cold, but try this:

SLEEP. A LOT. I MEAN A LOT. Spend the next 48 hours sleeping as much as you can.

DRINK FLUIDS till you slosh when you move!!!

SLAM TONS of Vitamins, including C, E, and ZINC. Take tons of Echinacea and Black Cohosh as well.

Call and ask your doctor about flying with a cold, and if he can give you something for your ears and sinuses...just in case.

I feel SO bad for you, cos I am the QUEEN of getting colds, and I know EXACTLY how you are feeling!
frown.gif
frown.gif
Hope you feel better QUICK QUICK QUICK!!!!

What Discotheque said, and then repeat!! You gotta get better girl!! VEGAS BABY!!
biggrin.gif

G O T O B E D N O W !!!

------------------
"It's no secret that our world is in darkness tonight..."

Blarg sis!!

I had the same shit for 2 weeks. I'm just now getting over it.

Vitamins girl, vitamins.

Once you get in Vegas you wont care, trust me!

biggrin.gif

Yes! Snog every sexy man around ur neighbourhood...........get up at 6am and jog round the park..........take hot tomato soup and fry a little garlic and eat with your tea (dinner)..........but above all else feel positive and focus on good things!!!!!!!!!

Works for me!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

APRIL!!! forgot to tell you this, go get you this OTC nasal spray stuff called ZICAM, and start using it the minute you walk out the door...spray it up your schnozz like every hour or two...I have used this stuff before and it kicked out my cold within a couple of DAYS (not all colds, but 3 that I've had)

Start Zicam as SOON as you can!!! It's good to start it as early in your cold as possible!!!

Disco

Originally posted by mad1:
Yes! Snog every sexy man around ur neighbourhood...

Works for me!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Why does this statement somehow not suprise me? LOL

Anyways... April, if you think youre fine, youll feel much better, I dont nkow why, but if Ive got a cold, I just ignore it and it eventally goes away. Besides, youll be having too much fun in vegas to realise youre sick anyway
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Yes! Snog every sexy man around ur neighbourhood...........get up at 6am and jog round the park..........take hot tomato soup and fry a little garlic and eat with your tea (dinner)..........
remind me to stay away from you when you have a cold

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
Yes! Snog every sexy man around ur neighbourhood...........get up at 6am and jog round the park..........take hot tomato soup and fry a little garlic and eat with your tea (dinner)..........
remind me to stay away from you when you have a cold

Hey, I kindda liked her suggestion...lol

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

~*April*~

This is going to sound really random, but I have knowledge of the supreme cold medicine. In order for this to work you must be willing to go to your local Chinese Medicine store. Anyway there are these pills called Yin Chow. You take five of them three times a day (they are small) with hot water or tea. I can personally gaurentee that your cold will get better in at least three days. Ask for the coated ones though, it's hard to swalloe the others. I promise this works.
mad.gif
GAO to your cold!

------------------
Please repeat the message, it's the music that we choose.
http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~kljense3/MrTvs.html

Oh no you can't be sick for Vegas. Drink plenty of liquids. That helps get the bug out of you system. Hope you feel better by the time you get to Vegas. Take care and we'ii see you in Vegas!!!!!
smile.gif

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

Anyway, I went out at lunchtime and got all those vitamins and the Zicam, wish me luck for a speedy recovery!!!
smile.gif

Time for the geeky scientist to talk...
wink.gif

Be a bit careful about any nasal sprays, Zicam included, as they can become addictive. Not because you are drawn to them like nicotine, but because your sinuses close down without the drug. However, during a cold situation, nasal sprays can be very helpful. If taken at the very onset of a cold, Zicam may help reduce the duration of the illness. However, since you already have a cold for a while, I would recommend limited use of Zicam. Try it a few times and if it helps, continue using it, but please stop using it after a few days.

Vitamins are great, although I have my doubts about zinc tablets. DNA binds a lot of zinc and if you have a viral infection, guess what's going to use up some of that zinc? Some studies have shown that zinc does absolutely nothing to help a cold. However, if zinc works for you, go for it. Zinc tablets may also soothe the throat, but this can also be obtained using other lozenges, such as Halls or Sucrets.

As everyone wrote, vitamins are great, but not all vitamins work well in tablet form - also some work best with food (so that they can be absorbed). Vitamin C is water soluble, so it quickly flushes through your system. It's anti-oxidizing effects though are outstanding. I recommend drinking lots of juice (many juices have extra Vit. C) and getting chewable C tablets. As for the other vitamins, take a normal multi-vitamin once a day and that's it. Do NOT overdue your multi-vitamin as this may hurt more than help! Drinking lots of juice or water is also necessary. It keeps you from becoming dehydrated - a common cold symptom - and helps dilute and flush your system. You may need to use the bathroom a lot, but it's worth it.
smile.gif

One thing that people did not mention is to eat protein. Antibodies, the items that help fight your infection, consist of protein. Therefore drink milk and eat peanuts. If you eat meat, poultry and fish are recommended. Being female, you may also want to eat steak to increase your iron content.

Lastly, as many people mentioned, sleep is definitely needed. Your body does a TON of repair work while sleeping. If you can get 10-12 hours of sleep per day the next few days, this will substantially help you fight your cold.

Remember, all any drug does is either relieve symptoms or assist your body. Ultimately, your body's own immune system is what really rids you of your cold. So be gentle to yourself for a while.
biggrin.gif

WOW DoctorWho! Great info!
wink.gif

Awwww, April, I'm sick with a cold too! But ARGH! I have Oakland tomorrow! Anywho, hope you feel better VERY soon! Follow everyone's suggestion and you should be ok!
wink.gif

PS- Get some Chicken soup too!
biggrin.gif

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-14-2001).]

Ok, this has probably been discussed in PLEBA many times, but i just noticed it: Do you realize Larrys zipper is open in that photo? And that he has a little hair around his belly button area?????
eek.gif

There, that oughta cure ya!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Wow, doctorwho, what do I owe you?
smile.gif
That was a wealth of great advice, I will certainly follow dr's orders! Thanks a lot!

I had chicken tonight for dinner, have been taking good doses of the vitamins, and have been filling up on tea and juice. I am going to bed in a few too for about what will be 8 hours of sleep. Tomorrow I am sleeping as soon as my bag is packed for Vegas.

Again, thanks for the great advice everyone!

(Btw, yes, I have noticed all those things about the Larry picture,
wink.gif
)

------------------
Angel in devil's shoes
Salvation in the blues

~*April*~

Hey Notiti - what's in this stuff that it works so well? Does it have anything that mightnot be good for people with high blood pressure (like guarana or ephedrine)??

I have been the sickliest person I know since infancy - I get colds at the drop of a hat (sorry April, but I'll be standing over *there* a lot). I'd be willing to try this stuff for my killer colds, but what to know more about it...

What's GAO mean anyway?
confused.gif

"Dr. Disco"...wanting to heal herself!

Originally posted by notiti:
This is going to sound really random, but I have knowledge of the supreme cold medicine. In order for this to work you must be willing to go to your local Chinese Medicine store. Anyway there are these pills called Yin Chow. You take five of them three times a day (they are small) with hot water or tea. I can personally gaurentee that your cold will get better in at least three days. Ask for the coated ones though, it's hard to swalloe the others. I promise this works.
mad.gif
GAO to your cold!

Back
Top Bottom