Blair Chooses U2 Classic As Favourite Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chazman151

War Child
BLAIR CHOOSES U2 CLASSIC AS FAVOURITE SONG

British Prime Minister TONY BLAIR has chosen U2's 1987 hit WHERE THE STREETS HAVE NO NAME as his favourite song of all time. Blair called British radio presenter CHRISTIAN O'CONNELL on London station Virgin Radio to choose the song, whose lyrics deal with disillusionment and violence, featuring lines like, "I want to run. I want to hide. I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside." However, Blair's spokesman insists the Prime Minister's choice of song doesn't mean he's depressed, saying, "I think he just liked the song."

Link

Not long ago I saw another softball interview by Fox"News" with George W. Bush. They staged it so that Bush had an iPod on the table next to him. At the end of the interview, and in what was a completely staged effort to make Bush look "in touch", the Fox interviewer says, "Say, I see you've got an iPod there Mr. President. What's on it?". Bush picks up the iPod (appearing not to know which end was up) and names some the songs/artists on it. Mercifully, he did not utter "U2".

I thought it would have been a Radiohead song...given his splendid relationship with Thom Yorke....:huh:

~A.j.~

Good ol' tony! :up: I'm glad his music taste rocks too!

I wish Blair would get lost where the streets have no name and maybe accidentally step out in front of a very big, fast and heavy bus.

I would of thought tony's fav song would of been a rolling stone song.

maybe he can take the street with no name to the end of the world, where he will find the city of blinding lights. he should undertake this journey on new years day with pride. he will need to look out for the electrical storm as it may blow his house down. he will find himself deep in the heart of god's country, dancing barefoot, shouting "hallelujah here she come's".

U2democrat said:
I really like Tony Blair, I wish he hadn't become Bush's lapdog...he had such greater potential.

I'm sorry to say, being English, that every UK PM becomes a lapdog to whoevers in charge in the White House. Its always the same and it always will be.

kingofsorrow said:
maybe he can take the street with no name to the end of the world, where he will find the city of blinding lights. he should undertake this journey on new years day with pride. he will need to look out for the electrical storm as it may blow his house down. he will find himself deep in the heart of god's country, dancing barefoot, shouting "hallelujah here she come's".

Haha that's pretty cool. Btw, who's that in your avi? She's purrty!

Back
Top Bottom