BILLBOARD POLL: VOTE U2 FOR ALBUM OF THE YEAR NOW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is now a tie U2 35% Bob Dylan 35%. The Poll might end today!!!!!!! Get in there and VOTE!!! We only need 200 votes to clealy when. Just open a new window each time to vote multiple times. Cut and past the address so you don't have to type it each time.

Done. U2 and Bobby D still running neck-to- neck. The Grammies love the old-timers...could go either way.

Were behind again, we need KEVMs auto voter to help us climb back into a clear lead. Remember its easy and quick to vote multiple times by simply just opening another window each time. Do not do it from the posted link though. Open it from another place and then cut and past the address.

U2 34% Bob Dylan 37% VOTE NOW!

Well its Bob Dylan 38% U2 33%. Dylan is about 700 votes ahead. Since its easy to vote multiple times, if we could get 70 people on here to vote 10 times that would bring U2 back even and would take less than 10 minutes of everyones time. So Go for it! They are going to keep this open until Wendsday when the Grammy's are. Lets see if we can't get KEVMs attention.

Is it just me or does it strike anyone else as odd that so many Dylan fans are voting on this thing??? The typical Dylan fan wouldnt even check a Billboard site or care about a poll such as this. I have a feeling the fix is in one way or they other. Either there is a KevM in the Dylan legions OR the poll is fixed.

I know this sounds a bit Oliver Stone but I have a bad feeling Billboard knows something about who is going to win Wednesday and I have a bad feeling U2 is not going to win album of the year. I have a feeling they will get robbed just as they did in 1993 with Achtung Baby.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 02-23-2002).]

Blueroom,
I hear you. About one week ago, Bob Dylan was dead last with only 6%. Then overnight Dylan took the lead with 35%. Dylan has been ahead since then except for one time when it was actually tied. I think we need KEVM to win this, because regardless if Billboard is involved or not, I do have the feeling that someone is keeping track to make sure U2 don't win. But keep trying and someone try to get a hold of KEVM. Does anyone have his E-mail address? In any event, Keep VOTING!

Originally posted by Blue Room:
Is it just me or does it strike anyone else as odd that so many Dylan fans are voting on this thing??? The typical Dylan fan wouldnt even check a Billboard site or care about a poll such as this. I have a feeling the fix is in one way or they other. Either there is a KevM in the Dylan legions OR the poll is fixed.

I know this sounds a bit Oliver Stone but I have a bad feeling Billboard knows something about who is going to win Wednesday and I have a bad feeling U2 is not going to win album of the year. I have a feeling they will get robbed just as they did in 1993 with Achtung Baby.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 02-23-2002).]

Bands getting robbed at the Grammies is nothing new. The same thing happened to Metallica when Jethro Tull ??? beat them for best metal album. I just hope that doesn't happen this time around.

The poll is now gone. It was there last night with Dylan at 37% and U2 at 34%. I'm not sure what the final result was, but the cool thing is they did not have an article on it like they usually do for most of these polls. Someone did not want U2 to win and was armed with an auto-voter, while we were unable to contact KEVM.

Well, if its any consolation, at the end (I caught it right before they changed it) it was like 37% to 36% (Dylan winning). So U2 did seem to make up some ground.

[This message has been edited by ramblin rose (edited 02-25-2002).]

I think more and more about what Blueroom said above. They cut it off just as were about to overtake Dylan.

Originally posted by STING2:
I'm not sure what the final result was, but the cool thing is they did not have an article on it like they usually do for most of these polls.

Unfortunately, there is an article:

From Billboard:

Poll: Dylan's 'Love' Is Album Of The Year

"With more than 15,000 votes counted, Bob Dylan's Columbia album "Love and
Theft" is the set most deserving of the album of the year Grammy, according to
a recently completed Billboard.com poll. "Love and Theft" garnered 36% of
15,668 votes, edging out U2's Interscope album "All That You Can't Leave
Behind," which pulled in 35%.

Far back with 13% was "Stankonia," the latest LaFace/Arista album from Atlanta-
based rap act Outkast. India.Arie's "Acoustic Soul" (Motown) took in 10% of the votes, while the bluegrass-laden soundtrack to "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" (Lost Highway/Mercury) netted 7%."

Please don't let this be true.

Well who ever voted for Dylan with an Auto Voter succeeded in their objective. I have not seen this Billboard report, but instead of saying that the result of our poll is this, they come out and state " Bob Dylan is the Album of The Year". Sounds like who ever monitors this part of the website was a Dylan fan and would not let Dylan lose. Oh well. Dylan only had 6% a week ago. Then in one evening went from 6% to 37%. Without our KEVM to help,what can you do. If the website person was behind it, it probably would not have made a difference.
At least the article is not a headline on the front page of the website.

Back
Top Bottom