Billboard Awards?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Can somebody tell me why U2 hasn't been mentioned in conjunction with these awards?

I haven't heard a thing about them.

Were they nominated for anything? If not, why?

because the awards are a farce?

I dunno, I was channel flipping and they had great acts like...N'Sync and Janet Jackson. *yawn* Oh don't forget Creed too! I'm glad U2 wasn't there...the stoopid show wasn't good enough for them.

-sula

The Billboard awards are based strictly on charts so U2 was not involved.
Did anyone see the entourage rendition of "What's Goin' On" at the end? It was pretty much everyone except Bono and Stipe. I flipped to Fox to catch the news and they were half way thru it...loses a lot for me when Bono is absent. Way too much rapping.

Originally posted by Hewson:
loses a lot for me when Bono is absent. Way too much rapping.

i too have a tough time being asked by fred durst if i'm 'feelin' him.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

Originally posted by kobayashi:

ewwww. ptooey. *tries to shake image from mind* Thanks, now my Friday evening is ruined! lol.
tongue.gif

Originally posted by kobayashi:

lol. i don't mind the hip hop secition of WGO, i think it's intresting. it makes me want to bounce.
wink.gif
but fred durst goes and ruins it at the end. he can't rap!!!!

------------------
Happy Hannukah!

"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

The Reason U2 did not win any awards or be nominated was because they did not recieve enough airplay or sale enough albums to make the top 4 of the given catagories. REMEMBER, this is the USA only when it comes to sales and WORLDWIDE U2 had the biggest selling album by a band over the past year on a Global basis. U2 has improved significantly in the USA from the days of POP when the album was not even in the Top 50 for the best sellers of the year.
ATYCLB came in at #26 for the year, only because the "Year" did not include ATYCLB first two sales weeks. It was from DEC 2 2000 to NOV 25 2001. The weeks ending NOV 18 and NOV 25 2000 missed the DEC 2 2000 cut off. That meant 604,000 copies of ATYCLB were not included in their year end total for 2001. If they had been, ATYCLB would have cracked the top 15.
Its a shame Billboard does not have awards for GLOBAL Sales and GLOBAL Airplay, because U2 would have been nominated in several catagories.
Strangly, Billboard use to have awards for top GROSSING Tour and Top GROSSING SHOW, but they did not have those awards this year for some reason.
So while U2 may not have cracked the year in TOP 10 album chart in the USA, they were easily in the top 5 when it came to GLOBAL sales or TOTAL sales for ATYCLB. It has definitely been U2s year in selling albums and tickets.
No other artist has sold as many albums and concert tickets worldwide this year as U2.

Back
Top Bottom