Bill Flanagan has heard the album too

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Atu2.com:

A U2 fan and friend of @U2 bumped into none other than Bill Flanagan (VH1 Sr. VP, author of U2 At the End of the World, etc.) in New York city tonight, and Mr. Flanagan had this to say about the new U2 album:

"I've heard it, it's great. It's the best album they have ever done. It's going to knock them out!"

("them" = listeners / fans / critics)

Gut reaction: yeeee-hah!

FLANAGAN
"I've heard it, it's great. It's the best album they have ever done. It's going to knock them out!"
they always do such statements prior to a new release. they MUST...lets see time will tell. btw the VERTIGO snippet sounds great with a bit of UTEOW guitar play

The band and their cronies called Pop "the best album they have ever done"....I'll wait until I hear it myself. :madspit:

hope their not going to say the same about this one...
(the remixed Pop nr's are indeed better..more guitar orientated)

Last edited:
:eyebrow: Ya know ,wot else would Bill say? It's crap!? Don't think so.

I would have asked Bill if Vh1 were planning on putting together some kind of U2 marathon to coincide with the release of the new album and when the new U2 video would be out. Gawd,,,imagine all the pissed off ppl who would have to miss the Surreal Life or Celebrities fantabulous homes!

okay, so anyway, he says it's great :eyebrow:

another great quote about the album, which is good. The only people I REALLY want to hear a quote from is Adam and Larry, specifcally Mullen Jr....hell definetly be honest, he shared my thoughts about the Passengers album (which is NOT a u2 record).

I'm not going to bother considering that Flanagan would lie, I'd sooner suck up the excitement while I can.

I think Flanagan, as much as he loves this band, speaks his mind freely and truthfully. Now I don't think he's going to say the album sucks, but his words were pretty strong regarding how he felt the music stacks up.

Just my opinion.

ya, I have to agree with you about that. Ive read "UTEOTW" cover to cover, and he kept an open mind during the writing of the band...he didnt kiss u2's ass, which is good. He even said he might have cause some bad feelings because of what he wrote, so you got a point.

Back
Top Bottom