Big Week For U2 Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEVERLY56

Refugee
With the DVD release and being on the Johnny Cash special - problem is I don't remember if that show is on Tues or Weds, help pls! Also any idea what song they might sing? My personal vote is for A Boy Named Sue.

Not a Johnny Cash fan, I dont know that song. My ex had a bunch of his albums. So I divorced him. If they dont sing A Boy Named Sue, I wont know it.

BEVERLY56 said:
Not a Johnny Cash fan, I dont know that song. My ex had a bunch of his albums. So I divorced him. If they dont sing A Boy Named Sue, I wont know it.

You should've stayed married. :D

No. The albums were just a symptom of a much bigger problem.

(I do know a little of Ring of Fire. and Folsom Prison Blues. Oh my god - he poisoned me!) I cant believe that Johnny Cash is considered cool right now.

BEVERLY56 said:
No. The albums were just a symptom of a much bigger problem.

(I do know a little of Ring of Fire. and Folsom Prison Blues. Oh my god - he poisoned me!) I cant believe that Johnny Cash is considered cool right now.

He isn't cool right now. He always was cool.
Those albums were probably a symptom of exquisite taste. :wink:

OK. You win. Johnny Cash is cool. He's dead, so it doesn't really matter. I'll watch the show to see U2. I suppose its 2 hrs long and Criminal Minds won't be on.

Can you even see this show in The Netherlands?

BEVERLY56 said:
dunno but i believe i read somewhere that johnny cash was a big influence on U2. Did they do something with him at some time?

Johnny Cash sang vocals on the last song (The Wanderer) on the 1993 U2 release Zooropa.

That is why they were suposedly rehearsing the song. If they do this song it's a huge thing for U2 fans because people have been dying to hear Bono do vocals on the song.

BEVERLY56 said:
i have never heard this song. i dont have zooropa. thanks for the explanation, i hope i get to hear it weds night.

:shocked:

That's U2's second best album (infinitesimal little after Achtung Baby)! :ohmy:

:tsk:

its on my list to get some day. Achtung is my favorite. anyway sorry if i ruffled any feathers about johnny cash, i was really just kidding kind of. ive just never thought of him as cool, it blows my mind that U2 collaborated with him.

Not everyone has to be this hugely knowledgeable U2 fan. I wish people would be lessed shocked/appalled when someone doesn't worship/know all their 90's material. lol.

And as for Johnny Cash. I would guess The Wanderer as well. I really don't like his music either. I'm not ashamed to say it. It's unappealing to me, so :madspit:

:wink:

Johnny Cash was more rock and roll than most people in rock and roll right now.

I like the idea of finally hearing Bono sing The Wanderer, but I have to wonder if a lot of the people tuning in will hear it and wonder, "what the hell is this?"

david said:

That is why they were suposedly rehearsing the song. If they do this song it's a huge thing for U2 fans because people have been dying to hear Bono do vocals on the song.

Exactly. That's the numero uno reason I'm tuning in to watch this. :hmm:

Edge should do a karaoke rendition of Ring of Fire :yes:

Just my luck--I have a meeting tomorrow night (and no VCR), so I'll miss it

Back
Top Bottom