big girls are best appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's Elevation's sexier, dirtier (and better) cousin. It's like the Beatles meets Beck. Love it.

xaviMF22: I prefer small girls
...yeah!
BIG GIRLS is the insider code for supermodels...
...models like C.Turlington, N. Campbell, H. Christensen, L. Evangelista the 'old' bunch of cocaine-tongued supermodels:yes:

A leftover from the POP Sessions. A companion to the song Miami? Maybe even with the Passengers track Elvis Ate America?

"As long as you're on your knees and she's not on her back, oh yeah yeah yeah"

...wasn't this written for Bono's wife, when she was pregnant? ("she's got a baby, at her breast") Thought I remember reading it somewhere.

The "she's cocoa butter" part is totally Beatles-esque.

Can't say I agree that big girls are best, but hey, to each his own :)

LyricalDrug said:
"As long as you're on your knees and she's not on her back, oh yeah yeah yeah"

The "she's cocoa butter" part is totally Beatles-esque.
:love: those lines and the song, it is Beatles-esque and John Lennon sounding in some parts. I heard it the first time a couple of weeks ago and listened to it way too much last week on vacation :drool:

I love Big Girls Are Best, it's one of those songs that's just a little bit absurd, but ultimately fun. It's also quite sexy, with a great rhythm, and amazingly fun to sing along to. Sometimes I have to stop myself from shouting "THOSE LITTLE GIRLS ARE A PEST! BIG GIRLS ARE THE BEST!" when listening to it :lol:

LyricalDrug said:
...wasn't this written for Bono's wife, when she was pregnant? ("she's got a baby, at her breast") Thought I remember reading it somewhere.
:yes: you're right, it was written for Ali...

jacobus said:

...yeah!
BIG GIRLS is the insider code for supermodels...
...models like C.Turlington, N. Campbell, H. Christensen, L. Evangelista the 'old' bunch of cocaine-tongued supermodels:yes:

I never really understood that interpretation, for everything else in the song suggests it's about a pregnant woman.

Great fun song!

Back
Top Bottom