Big Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

80sU2isBest

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
If we have any Big Country fans among us, please pray for Stuart Adamson. He has been totally missing for 3 weeks. Hasn't even had contact with his family.

well, i'm not a fan, but woah...that's really freaky news.

hope he's okay...

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
If we have any Big Country fans among us, please pray for Stuart Adamson. He has been totally missing for 3 weeks. Hasn't even had contact with his family.

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe he just wants to be alone, hope it won't be bad news.
frown.gif

I loved that album. I still have it. Cool video too with the ATV's and the Scottish seaside scenery. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Disco? 80's?

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 12-07-2001).]

I have their first album on vinyl, haven't played it for years! In A Big Country,Fields Of Fire, Porrohman,Chance,Wonderland and The Storm all excellent tracks! I always thought that they missed out on being the Scottish version of U2.

My album is still pretty, dark blue with shiny designs and still with its plastic wrap! I still listen to In a Big Country, the lyrics remind me of being depressed over football:

"I've never seen you look like this without a reason, another promise fallen through another season passes by you!"

But hopeful and not giving up next year *SIGH*

"In a big country dreams stay with you...."

"Come out screaming- cry out for everything you ever might have wanted! - you can't stay here with every single hope you had shattered!"

That gut wrenching scream at the end that echoes through the hills really gets to me.

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 12-07-2001).]

In a Big Country dream stay with you,
like a lover's voice from the mountain side... great tune
biggrin.gif

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Man, this is disturbing; one of the first bands I ever started listening to. I've got just about everything they put out. Thanks for posting this, 80sU2Isbest.

~U2Alabama

I'm a huge Big Country Fan myself! I have every Studio Album they every put out plus 3 concerts which are just incredible! A real amazing band with nearly 20 years of playing together. Its really to bad they broke up at the end of May 2000.
Stuart has been known to all of a sudden just disappear. In the fall of 1999, He just left the group and no one knew where he was. He surfaced again after the new year and they finished the tour at the end of May 2000 in Glasgow.
He had formed a new band with someone he met in Nashville, and also married a hair dresser from there. I'll have to take a look at the Big Country website to see if there is any news.
Where did you get your info 80s?

Goddamn, i was at the final concert of them in Glasgow last year. He had his problems with alcohol but it seems it was going beter. I hope Stuart will turn up very soon.

Stay alive, Rono.

hmm...I'm gonna have to get it on cd I think!

Ohhh Lord,where did the feeling go...
Ohhh Lord, I never felt so low

The shining eye will never cry...
The beating heart... will never die
The house on fire holds no shame...
I will be coming home again...
Four hundred miles
Without a word till you smile...
Four hundred miles...
On fields of fire.

Originally posted by STING2:

Stuart has been known to all of a sudden just disappear. In the fall of 1999, He just left the group and no one knew where he was. He surfaced again after the new year and they finished the tour at the end of May 2000 in Glasgow.
Where did you get your info 80s?

Yes, I remember that. Hopefully, this is like that. I was forwarded the info from the Big Country mailing list, but here's the the article from the Track Records site www.trackrecords.co.uk:

Stuart Adamson disappears
posted by Track News on 08/12/2001 (read 246 times)
SCOTTISH ROCK STAR DISAPPEARS.

Legendary Scottish musician STUART ADAMSON has disappeared in USA.

Adamson who has had a long battle with alcoholism has not been seen for over 3 weeks.
He left a note for his son saying ?back by noon Sunday? on Wed 7th November. He did not appear but,was known to be in Atlanta when a fellow Scot watched the Ireland v Iran World Cup match with him on 15th November. Despite many calls made by his manager and family Stuart has not been traced. Manager Ian Grant says ?I am very concerned for the welfare of Stuart as he has not been in the best of shapes over the last 6 months?. He has not answered any mobile phone messages left on his voice mail, and not contacted his son or any member of his family since he left the note. His mobile phone doesn?t function now.

He has been placed on the Missing Persons list by Nashville Police Department and a Private Detective has been hired in an attempt to find him.

If anyone who reads this knows of his whereabouts please leave a message on the message board of this site or email - ig@btconnect.com

Back
Top Bottom