Best Version Of Sbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think the version from that movie is the best one, I have and mp3 and I think you can find it in Sicy's FTP.

WinMX is my absoulute obsession when it comes to downloading. I have found an unbelieveable amount of live U2 on that site. If you can't find the song, WinMx is worth checking out.

I spent several months downloading live stuff off of WinMx and SBS was one song I couldn't get away from. After listening to at least 15 different versions, I think I like the one that's on the Boston DVD the best. I love the Rattle and Hum version. Maybe it's the quality of the recording but there's something about the Boston one that I keep going back to.

That song has performed many different ways (UABRS-full on, JT Tour-guitar only opening, Popmart-Edge w/guitar only, and Elevation- slightly slowed down w/snippets of other songs added). It was also performed early on in Zoo TV, much the same way it was on Elevation(seemed a little faster though)

In my opinion, the Rattle and Hum and Popmart versions are the superior ones....

RickFly said:
how did you fine those shows on winmx, i just downloaded it.

In the top line, obviously type in U2. In the next line you can type in Sunday Bloody Sunday, or whatever song you want, and then add either "live" "boston" "rattle and hum" "zoo tv" "popmart" and so on next to the song name. I also sometimes just type in U2 and then a city and live stuff just comes up. If you just do U2 "live" your going to get a ton of crap but if you put in a specific song or city you'll get an amazing list of live stuff. :)

Rattle n Hum

I also love the version included on UABRS from Rockpalast, Germany 83' as much as the Red Rocks performance

RickFly said:
what the best live version of "one"

It hasn't changed too drastically since its first performances on Zoo Tv..I think if you want to look at an alternative concert delivery then the performance of One at the War Child concert in Modena back in 95 had a gorgeous orchestral backing....which is probably my own personal favourite

There's a great version of SBS on Sicy's ftp under Studio Boots, Shadows And Tall Trees, I think...That version is extremely cool. :up:

1. Sarajevo
2. Rattle and Hum
3. studio version

Every other version sucks.

Boston DVD version has got to be the absolute best for me, its so good its scary.

"Get up Stand Up....."

Unreal.

Boston DVD version has got to be the absolute best for me, its so good its scary.

"Get up Stand Up....."

Unreal.

Can't agree more. Edge's guitar sound while Bono is walking around the heart is magic.

Apart from the R&H version (which is one of the best versions) I also like the versions they played on 31-7-2001 (Arnhem 1) and 5-8-2001 (Antwerp 1). OK, maybe I'm biased (as I saw those 2 concerts), but I thought those versions had something extra. In Arnhem Bono got really angry when talking about the Genoa G7 summit, spurring an emotional 10 minute version of SBS. In Antwerp the version was a bit sadder as he recalled a recent car-bomb in Northern Ireland. In that respect, I think both of these Elevation versions are much better than the Boston (DVD) version.

C ya!

Marty

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021

I also like the Live Aid version. Very powerful.

Ya definitely; with all the people there the atmosphere was excellent and the band played their ass off. If any of you can get a hold of that Wembley performance, its great, along with the 13 minute "Bad" opus... Truly the best.

Back
Top Bottom