Best U2 Song To Cheer Someone Up With?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikeNoOneBefore

Refugee
So what do you guys think? There are a lot of inspirational U2 songs out there. When my friends need cheering up, I think of a song to send them. Which U2 song(s) do you think would be the most comforting? :wink:

Oh, I wasn't sure if I should put this here. Sorry if it's in the wrong section.

Hmm... interesting question :hmm:

I guess my picks would be

Stuck In A Moment
Zoo Station
Beautiful Day
Walk On

A lot of ATYCLB. That's a very optimistic, positive album.

Yeah ATYCLB is great. I'd say the first four tracks on the album are the most inspirational. And add "Yahweh" to that list too.

Beautiful Day would be the best. But Sweetest Thing, Desire and Angel of Harlem would also be great for that.

though they're not so much 'inspirational' as they are cheerful sounding.

I don't typically like upbeat songs when I need to be cheered up. Perhaps because they can be so optimistic that I don't fall for it when feeling down ;). I would suggest "With or Without You" or "Bad" off the top of my head. These songs are very healing imo. There are many others.

ETA: "One" could be good as well.

it all depends on the level of cheering up needed.

Beautiful Day, Angel Of Harlem :heart: , Bad, Streets, With Or Without You, Desire... Pretty much what was said before

:dance:

wow theres like, a shitload of U2 songs that can make someone happy! On my list theres SHFWILF, Streets..., OOTS, Vertigo, The Fly, Mysterious Ways, Walk on, Lemon, The Sweetest Thing, Electrical Storm, Discoteque,Bad, City of Blinding Lights, The Electric Co., A Day without Me....No matter what, there is always a song on every U2 album (no lies) that will make someone happy-its all based on opinion!:wink:

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own is pretty good too. It's not a very happy song, but it's a good song to give to someone to let them know that you're here for them.

Pretty easy one

Streets

"Show u a place where's no sorrow or pain"

prly Walk On, Original of the Species, City of Blinding Lights, or Desire.

the last one's different then the others, but it's just a plain fun song.

Aside from the obvious (Streets), Zooropa is an excellent "cheer up!" song.

"Don't worry baby, it'll be alright, uncertainty can be a guiding light"

Awesome. :D

I like Stuck. I always seems to help me get out of these mood swings that have at wirk. I'm a waitress and I have the lyrics taped to the book where I keep my money. I like Grace too.

Walk On
Bad
Streets
Beautiful Day

I'm in a better mood just thinking about them!:wink:

Beautiful Day // ultimate choice
Elevation
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights
Mysterious Ways
Desire

Streets is the obvious choice I guess. But no one's said vertigo. I don't know when I am walking and that song blares up in my ear, I tend to walk faster. but when I'm down in the doldrums, WOWY rattle and hum version is the medicine. oh, and I'm listening to fast cars now, thats another one.

I wouldn't call it inspirational or anything, but The Three Sunrises puts me in a good mood a lot of the time. It's just such a cheerful song. :)

Back
Top Bottom