Best U2 song Evertigo.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unchainedmalady

Babyface
Vertigo is the greatest U2 song ever.

And not just because....but here's why

U2 managed to take the most throw away, uptempo, ultimately disposable, overblown track on the album, and use it to seduce us into buying How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. The most, exhilirating, passionate, love-filled, tumultuos ride into Bono's soul he is ever likely to show us.

I thought Achtung Baby showed me as much of his soul as I was ever going to see. How To Dismantle An Atomic has taken me further.

He is hurting on this album. And I am weeping with him, I feel his pain.

Uno! Dos! Tres! Catorce! From the dizzying heights of Vertigo.....to a cry to God at the end.
Yahweh, indeed.

Greatest U2 song ever? I think that's too much.

But Vertigo is definitely better than anything off the POP album.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Greatest U2 song ever? I think that's too much.

But Vertigo is definitely better than anything off the POP album.

Cheers,

J

Come now Jick! You can't surely be serious with that statement!? Better than Mofo,IGWSHA,SATA,LNOE,Gone,Miam...ok, Vertigo IS better than Miami, and Playboy Mansion. And I probably prefer it to Discotheque right now too, but nothing else on Pop.

RickFly said:
POP POP POP. ID LOVE TO SEE A DAY WHEN PEOPLE ON HERE DONT BLAST POP.

I DONT KNOW ABOUT BEST SONG EVER BUT IT IS A CLASSIC
ALREADY.

I will never blast Pop. One of the seminal albums in my life.

I'd take Vertigo over most of POP..its got a sense of fun and drive thats lacking on that album, and there isn't a riff on POP to touch Vertigo's IMO.

The IPod jingle is better than... everything off The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, ATYCLB and most of POP.

In Bizarro world this is true

It isn't their Greatest but is better than everything off Pop. When was the last time you heard anything from Pop on the radio. I liked Pop, but even the band know it was their weakest album which lost them alot of popularity. They worked so hard to get back on top with ATYCLB and deserve the success they are having now.

Vertigo NEVER got me to buy HTDAAB. The fact that its a U2 album did the trick for me.
but Vertigo is a cool song, but its not a song i would declare as one of their best.. FOR ME,, Its cool it means so much to somebody else.. Beauty of music.

Another thread that gets turned into a Pop bashing, hehehehehe... MOFO,, now thats the stuff

Leebonoman96 said:
It isn't their Greatest but is better than everything off Pop. When was the last time you heard anything from Pop on the radio. I liked Pop, but even the band know it was their weakest album which lost them alot of popularity. They worked so hard to get back on top with ATYCLB and deserve the success they are having now.

fuck radio airplay, fuck "what's popular." that stuff doesn't necessarily define great music, and to me doesn't mean shit. PoP/PoPmart was, is, and always will be fucking brilliant.

not their best, but a fabulous song all the same!

even friends that dislike (one even hates U2, the bastard) agree that vertigo is a fucking fantastic song!

:D :D :D

im sorry but vertigo suxs as a song!!!!

and calling is a classic???? same goes for elevation :mad: :mad:

songs like bad, streets , one,plese,pride etc are classics not throw-away songs like vertigo/elevation!!!

Back
Top Bottom