Best U2 Album to Blastin Your Car!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
What are the best U2 albums to blast in your car with the windows down?

Here are mine:

1)Acthung Baby
2)Zooropa
3)Joshua Tree
4)Boy
5)Pop

None because all U2 albums have a certain flow and mood to them that there are some points when it just doesn't blast in my car. I usually make compilation CDs for songs that will fit the blast my car mood.

Cheers,

J

Well, I can't drive, but I've always wanted to be able to drive so I can travel through the mountains blasting The Unforgettable Fire ...

Pop. Mofo and DYFL are beast when comes to playback. Boy is very underated album to blast. Larry makes could use of the kick drum.

I was in the car today and Some Days Are Better Than Others came on the radio. (Yay for viewer supported indie radio!) I was surprised by how good it sounded blasting through my speakers.

I can play a song/record in the car for days/months/years, then one day when I'm in a particular frame of mind, it just knocks me sideways. I think all U2 albums do that to me at some point. While AtYCLB isn't my number 1 album, it's having the knock sideways effect with me at the moment. The car is a great place for that!

KhanadaRhodes said:
rattle and hum. living in memphis, it's oddly poignant to be driving down riverside drive with something like heartland on. :wink:

ooooohhhhhh, that would be nice:wink:

I have been blasting Boy of late, I like that one. I have a compilation cd of my fave driving U2 songs...I think Pride, HMTMKMKM and In God's Country are my fave driving songs but albums that I like are Achtung Baby and Zooropa- I do so much driving and a U2 cd is always in my cd car pack :wink:

Achtung Baby, totally. The Fly, Ultraviolet and Acrobat...orgasmic.

One my favourites is also Bad from Rattle and Hum. I have a very bass heavy version and I love it when the windows rattle. Try listening to that when driving on the highway at night....:drool:

UF for the first two tracks alone. It's such an amazing feeling to be driving down the highway on a sunny day, the wind whipping by, listening to ASOH.........:heart: :happy:

ATYCLB is my second choice, followed by either AB or JT. But I just realized how good War would be too! Gar, every album has its merits. You'll just need a few mixes to get it all. :D

my audio rip of Go Home: Slane Castle (but I guess that doesn't count) followed by Blood Red Sky. Joshua Tree follows very very closely. But those are my top three at the moment.

Had a long drive (12h.) when returning from holidays in France
(wasn't me 'cause was already back in June)...:
Bad followed by WTSHNN (Boston version) when the sun comes up is really something special...
For the night it was Achtung Baby Outtakes...and something mixed
Was a great ride...

GO ALBUM GO !!!

Back
Top Bottom