Best surprise on Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Crumbs" because it seemed like every review gave it a weak score, but i absolutely love it.

Everywhere you go you shout it
You don't have to be shy about it
Everywhere you go you shout it:drool:

And the doo doo doo doo near the end:drool:

YAHWEH!!

Take these shoes
Click clacking down some dead end street
Take these shoes
And make them fit
Take this shirt
Polyester white trash made in nowhere
Take this shirt
And make it clean, clean
Take this soul
Stranded in some skin and bones
Take this soul
And make it sing

Yahweh, Yahweh
Always pain before a child is born
Yahweh, Yahweh
Still I’m waiting for the dawn

Take these hands
Teach them what to carry
Take these hands
Don’t make a fist
Take this mouth
So quick to criticise
Take this mouth
Give it a kiss

Yahweh, Yahweh
Yahweh, Yahweh
Still I’m waiting for the dawn

Still waiting for the dawn, the sun is coming up
The sun is coming up on the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean
This love is like a drop in the ocean

Yahweh, Yahweh
Yahweh, tell me now
Why the dark before the dawn?

Take this city
A city should be shining on a hill
Take this city
If it be your will
What no man can own, no man can take
Take this heart
Take this heart
Take this heart
And make it break

oh and hearing the studio version of Original... It's very very Beatlesque. and that too is a good thing.

A Man and a Woman - Because of the reviews, I was expecting a throwaway, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Crumbs From Your Table - The reviews were very wrong about this one! This is a great song.

Yahweh - Amazing.

Ok i just listened to crumbs and wow what a great song:ohmy: ...whoever wrote the review and said crumbs was weak..was wrong!!
My biggest surprise tho was actually LPOE...that song is a monster i LOOOOOOOOVE it:drool: and judging from the title i don't know why, but i didn't think i would like it....just goes to show don't judge a book or in this case a song..by its title..hehe :)

:dance:

david said:
oh and hearing the studio version of Original... It's very very Beatlesque. and that too is a good thing.

Absolutely. Wouldn't it be cool if they performed this with an orchestra on tour?

COBL-Kicked my ass
Man and a Woman
Original of The Species-Amazing lyrics
Crumbs-With that title I was surprised it was so good :up:

Last edited:
Bono not lieing to us...about how good the album is.
I knew it was always going to be great....but never thought it could be this good.

The most pleasant surprises for me are A Man & a Woman and Crumbs. Based on the all the reviews, I was expecting these songs to be poor. I think it's safe to say that these songs are winners.

for me is Love & Peace Or Else... I thought that this song was going to be boring , big mistake :tsk:

Crumbs and Yawhew are GREAT POSITIVE surprises.

OSC is a let down... Ppl were saying it was like Passengers cause of the ambient mood...

Its very Grace/POE kinda ambient, not Passengers. And thats not a very good thing.

Yahweh!

I was kind of hoping that it would be a good song. I haven't really like the last 3 album closers (Wake Up... is great live, but not on the album). Yahweh ranks right up there with "40" and Mothers... . Classic!

Surprises?

That Miracle Drug was as good as my expectations from the beach clip! This is closer to WOWY and One than I ever thought we get.

Edgey isn't afraid to be chimey Edge anymore! Love it.

The track order. The cherries are spread right through. (helps if there are no duds!)

That the "Number 3" track was weaker than I expected. (the WOWY and One slot on an album) SYCMIOYO does not grab me like I thought it would - it is certainly growing on me, but it seems a bit Bee-Gees for me. Very powerful lyric though. (But do I care? I got MD!!!!)

Yahweh. You don't expect much from the last song. This is special.

The facts that we got a great mix of songs in a much wider variety of styles than I thought we would get. HTDAAB is a much more confident album than ATYCLB. They are not afraid to be U2 anymore.

:applaud:

The best surprise on this album was Edge taking the lead mic for the first time since 'Numb', even if it was only for twenty seconds. I've said it before, I'll say it again, even though he's a guitarist, the man is one of the most underrated singers in rock.

A Man and a Woman was the best surprise. I just love the song and some articles suggested skipping it!!

All Because of You was also a nice surpise because I really didn't like it in the beach/TOTP clips (sounded a bit cliched). But it turned out pretty good.

im going to cop out

the best surprise was the whole album and how there really isnt any single one weak track. absoultly no filler material. they reallyseemed to accomplish what they set out to do this time, no rush, no over polishing, and the fact that its practically perfect is the best surprise to me

I also want to say that A Man and a Woman is a great suprise. It is such a cheesey song title. Plus, from what I read, I was thinking this would be THE big skipper. Great song!

Oh, in case this hasn't been said yet, the biggest suprise of all...

Bono is back is big way! His vocals are F'n dynamite!!!

the beginning of miracle drug, the middle of SYCMIOYO, and the end of OOTS. oh, and Yahweh. the whole thing.

Back
Top Bottom