Best Streets Tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
What tour do you all believe Where the Streets Have No Name sounded best? Probably Elevation? Or the Joshua Tree Tour when it was the opener....

SMB

Lovetown and Popmart. I am very fond of the latter one because of that beautiful extended ending and the majestic feel of it all.

Lovetown. No doubt about it. The 18, 26, and 30 December 1989 performances are simply unbelieveable.

I think the Joshua Tree tour is the best version. Sounded the most raw, fresh and energetic during that time frame. I like all the versions they have done since, its always a highlight during the concert. But I think JT tour version wins for me.

Lovetown tour would get my vote, it was unreal!
The cool thing is that its always great .

Elevation tour no doubt. The version form the Boston DVD is just rediculously good. No band on Earth should be allowed to sound that good. They reached perfection with this song over the years. No matter what tour it's performed during it just melts you. My favorite is probably still form Elevation though.

Live from boston...:drool:

"This is a toast, to our father"

Lancemc said:
Elevation tour no doubt. The version form the Boston DVD is just rediculously good. No band on Earth should be allowed to sound that good. They reached perfection with this song over the years. No matter what tour it's performed during it just melts you. My favorite is probably still form Elevation though.

Live from boston...:drool:

"This is a toast, to our father"

Ohhh I forgot about that one, Streets Boston is fantastic. :combust: One of the first posts I made here was to ask about what he says at the intro. :drool:

Also liked that Streets from the Superbowl....

PopMart, hands down. Probably because it was the first time I saw U2 live after being a fan for almost 10 years, and when they played Streets, I shed a tear or two :reject:

While Popmart was cool with the extended outro, Bono's voice was just so shitty in that tour it's like he wasn't even trying on the "Classic" U2 songs.

I'd have to go with Elevation Tour. The band just perfected the song in every way...The early versions from JT Tour and Lovetown don't quite have the magic.

ZooTV, with the awesome sequence from "Bad" to "Bullet the Blue Sky" to "Running To Stand Still," and PopMart, with the "Please" segue and some of Edge's most energetic guitar ever, tie.

Luckily, I've seen concerts from Lovetown on. I really don't think I can pick a faveorite. It has always been the highlight of the tours.
I always get teary eyed and actually broke down and cried at the Phoenix first leg Elevation show with the Bad/40/Streets, I was at the outside tip of the heart and it was absolutely amazing!!!
:sad: :heart:

Hard to say...I like the JT/Lovetown openers with the energy, like Popmart with the longer ending and the keyboard/techno sounds, but I also like the Elevation version with the Bono running and opening scream.

Elevation.

All those tours had their hook too

Lovetown - opener
Zoo TV - the amazing flow from RtSS
PopMart - w/ Please and the extended-ness
Elevation - the running across the stage, the Slane version is simply astonishing

I can't wait to see wut they'll do for the new tour:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Er, Streets may have opened some Lovetown concerts, but it wasn't by any means THE opener. It didn't even open the majority of shows.

I would have to say Elevation, the intro with the prayer along with the intimate atmosphere of a smaller venue just does it for me! If I ever need to feel better about anything I just pop in my Elevation DVD, skip to "streets" and turn it up to "11"!
:drool:

Axver said:
Er, Streets may have opened some Lovetown concerts, but it wasn't by any means THE opener. It didn't even open the majority of shows.

I just was reading this thread and was thinking the same thing...

Back
Top Bottom