Best songs for cruising down the road?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Okay, guys, I need your help. I need to make a new U2 mixed tape for my car. As a reporter, I have to drive around quite a bit and it's nice to have great music to listen to. Post some of your favorite U2 "cruising" songs!

[color=royal blue]BD
Billy Boola
Salome
IALW
Streets
like all of R&H.....
The Fly
Elevation
[/color]

With this gorgeous summer weather we've been havin', I roll down the windows and blast "Wild Honey" everytime I drive.

Bonochick said:
With this gorgeous summer weather we've been havin', I roll down the windows and blast "Wild Honey" everytime I drive.

Ooh! I hadn't even thought of that. Sounds like a great idea, and WH has such a "summery" feel to it, doesn't it?

Keep 'em coming, everyone! I can usually fit around 28 songs on a 2-hour tape.

Discotheque
Do You Feel Loved
Mofo
Alex Descends Into Hell For a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1 (I think I might be alone on this one.. lol)
Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing

elevatedmole said:
Alex Descends Into Hell For a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1 (I think I might be alone on this one.. lol)

Nope...I love that song! And I haven't listened to it in awhile either, so that would be great. :happy:

Best highway songs, and I'm a gypsy always on the road so I know! Well anyway I like driving to these:

Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
Streets
ASOH
Ultraviolet
Acrobat

Long road with lots of miles to cover at night- put on AB and crank it up, the whole thing. Watch the highway fly by!

That?s cool wertsie, I recently made a new U2 tape as well, I use an old fashioned tape deck in my car and I love to create my own selections. This last one is great, I chose a few songs from all 4 Popmart boots I have. It went like this:

Mofo, I Will Follow, Even Better Than the Real Thing, ISHFWILF, all from S?o Paulo 01/31/1998

Gone, Discotheque, If You Wear That Velvet Dress, all from M?xico

HMTMKMKM, Mysterious Ways, Please, Streets, Mothers of Disappeared, all from Buenos Aires 02/06/1998

Last Night on Earth, One and Mrs. Sarajevo, from Sarajevo

I loved it. :)

My suggestions:

Elevation
Until the End of the World
Mysterious Ways
Wild Honey
Bad
WTSHNN
ISHFWLF
Ultraviolet
Pride
Mofo
IWF
SBS
New Years Day

and the list can go on and on!:lol:

Zoocifer said:
One word, one town, one song:

"MIAMI"

- The Zoocifer -

Ooh! That was going to be mine! Really what I listen to in the summer is all of Pop...it's the best summer album, IMO.

Jessica

Attachments

• boomcha!.jpg
    boomcha!.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 105
Re: Re: Best songs for cruising down the road?

MixingBliss said:

I didn't know you were a reporter. What paper do you work for? Strib? Pioneer Press?

Oh...Just our little county paper. :happy:

But it's just for the summer. In the fall I'm going back to school, even though my editor has been asking me EVERY DAY if I want to stay!

HEARTLAND - whenever i listen to it, i always feel like i'm driving on a looong road across the desert in this big American type car (like a cadillac or something) with the roof down (sort of a cabriolet touch) and U2 is in the car riding along with me!

(i know...i wish) :)

Here are my pics for your tape:

Zoo Station
Even Better than the real thing
Mysterious Ways
Discotheque (some may not agree)
last night on earth
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Party Girl
fire
and also if you have any remixes, I would put some in just to add some spice into the set! If you have the melon CD, I would put some remixes from that!! If you don't I can make you a copy of it!

Just have fun making your summer tape!:wink:

Tech said:
Here are my pics for your tape:

and also if you have any remixes, I would put some in just to add some spice into the set! If you have the melon CD, I would put some remixes from that!! If you don't I can make you a copy of it!

Just have fun making your summer tape!:wink:

Ooh...Yes, I DO have that! Great idea! Thanks!

some of my thoughts

WOWY - 8-16-1992 at RFK in Washington DC
Desire
Intro and Streets- 12-31-1989 Point Depot inDublin
One - with REM Clinton Inaugural Ball 1-20-1993
Shes a Mystery to Me
Exit
All I want is You
Bad - 4-29-1987 at Rosemont Horizon in Chicago
cover of Stand by Me 8-8-1987 from Cork Ireland
In Gods Country
Elevation
When I look at the World
If God will Send His Angels
A Sort of Homcoming
Pride

Well my suggestion:

If you're on the road nothing is more asskicking than listening to a whole live concert from the world's best band.

Especially the New Years Concert, Zoo Europa (Dublin) and , how could I forget, Popmart live from Mexico City where :bono: is on top form. Livesongs with excellent sound quality and audience participation......

What more?

Re: Re: Re: Best songs for cruising down the road?

wertsie said:

Oh...Just our little county paper. :happy:

But it's just for the summer. In the fall I'm going back to school, even though my editor has been asking me EVERY DAY if I want to stay!

That's a really cool summer job wertsie! Do you cover regular local news stories or sports news?

Anyway, here's a tune that I don't think has been mentioned - WOWY - it's awesome for night driving!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Best songs for cruising down the road?

kariatari said:

That's a really cool summer job wertsie! Do you cover regular local news stories or sports news?

I do general type news, and also a weekly column. The last "big" story I did was about the area's historical museum.

So Cruel.

This is no contest. It's more of a "cruising" song than a "driving" song. You've got to be on an open road, without a lot of traffic, without a lot of lights or stop signs. Just roll down the window, blast the song ... it's a beautiful thing. Just try it.

playtheblues said:
So Cruel.

This is no contest. It's more of a "cruising" song than a "driving" song. You've got to be on an open road, without a lot of traffic, without a lot of lights or stop signs. Just roll down the window, blast the song ... it's a beautiful thing. Just try it.

:up: Sounds lovely!

Back
Top Bottom