Best Song Survivor: Zooropa Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Welcome back to Survivor! I hope that you all had a very good Christmas. One, Until the End of the World, The Fly, and Ultraviolet (Light My Way) are to be Achtung Baby's representatives in the 1990s quarterfinal round. We now move on to voting for Zooropa. Like Achtung Baby, Zooropa shall send four songs to the 1990s quarterfinal round. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be eliminated from this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Zooropa, Lemon, Stay and Some Days are my faves. Hoping to see at least The Wanderer go before Babyface and Some Days are wrongly eliminated early.

Dirty Day for me. Great live, poor studio.

Zooropa, Lemon, and Stay are my three favorites, and I think it's pretty obvious that they'll advance. I'm not sure what will occupy the fourth slot. My personal fourth favorite is probably The First Time.

Zooropa might be my favorite song ever.

I'm not sure what the worst here is. Babyface, Numb and The Wanderer are all 7s for me, whereas most everything else is a 9 or better. Have I mentioned I love this album?

I love Zooropa - 3rd favorite U2 album. I never had much love for Babyface, so I'm voting for it's departure until it's gone.

Zooropa :heart: I can never decide if it's my third or second favorite U2 album... but whatever; the point is, I love it.

Numb for me. My least favorite U2 song. It's too boring.

Zooropa, Stay, and Lemon are shoe-ins to advance. However, I get the feeling that the battle for the 4th Zooropa spot will be very interesting. We've got some chaff to burn off before that, though.

I would love to see Wanderer stick around for a while, but Some Days, Numb, and Babyface all have to go first. Maybe a 2-for-the-price-of-1 deal? There seem to be plenty of those floating around today.

Zooropa :heart: I can never decide if it's my third or second favorite U2 album... but whatever; the point is, I love it.

Numb for me. My least favorite U2 song. It's too boring.

At first, I just saw that Zooropa was the first word in your post and panicked, thinking that you were voting Zooropa the song off. :panic:

At first, I just saw that Zooropa was the first word in your post and panicked, thinking that you were voting Zooropa the song off. :panic:
You would have had to give me some kind of punishment for that... I would never vote Zooropa off! It's my second favorite song on the album.

I've ceased voting but I'll still drop by to comment on proceedings :wink: Four go through which handy as there are only four truly top notch songs on display - Zooropa, Lemon, Daddy and Stay. Dirty Day only realized its potential live. All the other tracks are pretty mediocre or downright stinkbombs ( Babyface, Some Days and The Wanderer should be the first three to get the chop, no question).

Yeah but the live versions count in voting, since you vote on whatever grounds you want to. So for me Dirty Day instead of Daddy should advance. :wink:

Great great album, not a bad song on it!

However Babyface, although it makes perfect sense on the album fares less well as a stand alone track.

Babyface just barely edges out Some Days for "least favorite" on this one. After those two, it gets a bit harder.

I kind of want to change my vote. I've always disliked Babyface, but on second thought, Some Days is worse. But I'll keep my vote; both will be leaving soon enough.

The Wanderer is a great song, though.

I like every song on the album, but Babyface took a while to warm up to, so that earns it my first vote.

I am a sinner
Who's probably gonna sin again
Lord forgive me
Lord forgive me
Things I don't understand
Sometimes I need to be alone
Bitch don't kill my vibe
Bitch don't kill my vibe

:heart:

Babyface is easily one of the worst songs in U2's catalogue, and it completely fucks up the first half of the album too. You're basking in the glory of the first track, one of the band's finest songs ever, then you get slapped in the face with some very unpleasant dung from some very unpleasant muddy swamp. Said turd then acts as a roadblock between the first track and a very fine trio of songs. Fuck YOU, Babyface.

Some Days, on the other hand, is a criminally under-appreciated track and I will be sad to see it go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom