Best Song Survivor: War Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Red Light was mercilessly slaughtered in the last round. Nine songs remain to compete for War's three songs to quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

War's ranking so far:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10) Red Light

Refugee's exit is a foregone conclusion. I really am not fussed what departs sooner out of Refugee, THBAO, and 40. Today I least feel like hearing 40, so I voted for it.

I'm going with Two Hearts here, mainly because it feels incredibly out of place on the album. Fierce bass line, though.

One thing about these things. Some people's taste in music baffles me.

:ohmy: i can't even remember what nearly half of these sound like - i never play them and they're not in my memory banks! (apart from the unforgettable songs like Drowning Man, NYD etc., obviously)

Surrender is my least favorite left here, but I voted Refugee. It would be next on my list anyway so I'll vote Surrender next time for sure, especially to save songs like Seconds and 40.

Good to see others are ambivalent towards Surrender. It's ok, but far from remarkable. Will be voting for it once 40 goes.

Good to see others are ambivalent towards Surrender. It's ok, but far from remarkable. Will be voting for it once 40 goes.
Surrender live is great, Surrender album is so so. I don't see why so many people dislike Two Hearts: great bass, great riff, energetic drums, great energy, the live version has it all.

The Refugee has to go btw.

Surrender's a nostalgic favourite for me - definitely better live, but the studio version's solid. I don't want it to get quite as far as the finals or anything, though.

THBAO has never really done much for me. Always seen it as one of the album's weaker tracks, though it was a good single and fun live. I'm surprised they haven't revived it - I believe it was considered for Elevation but didn't make the cut.

Like A Song is the one to go for me, it's goodbut doesn't really do a lot for me, I've always found it very forgettable.

I love The Refugee, I know it's a bit silly and throwaway, but sometimes that's a good thing, also the "in the evening, she is waiting........" part is truly lovely.

I hope Seconds stays for a long time, one of their real under-rated gems.

THBAO next to go for me. Good video but the song doesn't do anything for me.

She can be as disgusted as she wants to be. Doesn't change the fact the song ain't much in my view.

I like Surrender about as much as I like Drowning Man depending on the day.

Surrender is one of the best songs on the album
apart from New Year's Day and Sunday Bloody Sunday of course

Seconds is all downhill after an interesting musical intro
so it'll get my vote after Refugee is gone

Back
Top Bottom