Best Song Survivor: War Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your least favorite song?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
After a grueling battle with Seconds, Two Hearts Beat as One is no longer with us. Only six songs now remain to compete for War's three slots in quarterfinals. You have 24 hours to vote for your least favorite song, the next song to be kicked out of this contest. For anyone just joining us, rules may be found here.

Surrender could be a much better song without that annoying "sing my sing my sing my song" part.

Gotta vote off Like a song. The best song of the War misc tracks, but it's time for it to go and leave the classics in the contest.

My ranking, of what's left:

1) Drowning Man
2) New Year's Day
3) Sundae Chocolate Sundae
4) Seconds
5) Surrender
6) Like a Song...

My ranking of what's left:

01. New Year's Day
02. Like A Song (though very, very close to New Year's Day, Like A Song is in my top 10 U2 songs)
03. Sunday Bloody Sunday
04. Drowning Man
05. Surrender

600,000,000. Seconds

Gotta vote off Like a song. The best song of the War misc tracks, but it's time for it to go and leave the classics in the contest.

Seconds and Surrender are not War misc tracks but Like a Song is?

I'm looking forward to the LAS vs DM smackdown. (btw Surrender is dog shit, Seconds is ace).

As long as we're ranking the remainder: :hmm:

1) New Year's Day
2) Seconds
3) Sundae Chocolate Sundae :laugh:
4) Drowning Man
5) Surrender
6) Like a Song...

However, I voted Surrender to help save Seconds.

My ranks take live performances into account because yeah Sunday Bloody Sunday is not my fave album track in the least. But live it's pure u2ness. And Seconds for the same reason. I like the groove and live it's great interaction between Edge and Bono and fun. Would be fun to see again but I doubt they'd ever do it again.

2 Hearts and 40 should be on that list in place of Surrender and Like a Song. :tsk:

Well if we're making lists.

1. New Year's Day
2. Like A Song...
3. Sunday Bloody Sunday
4. Drowning man

15. Seconds

∞. Surrender

1. New Year's Day
2. Sunday Bloody Sunday
3. Surrender
Two Hearts ...
4. Drowning man
5. Like A Song
6. Seconds
Red Light
The Refugee

Surrender, just to prove that each song on side B is inferior to any song on side A.

I rather enjoy all of these songs, so this is a fucking hard round. It's pretty much a dead heat between Seconds, Drowning Man, and Surrender ... and after listening to the three, I fear I might be going against the grain and voting Drowning Man. Seconds has a fucking great bassline, one of the best in U2's discography, and Surrender's a great song with lots of nostalgia for me. But I'm not sure I can bring myself to vote for Drowning Man at this stage, especially since it's pretty much a waste of a vote.

Cracking round, given what happened last round with Seconds only just escaping elimination by two votes. It may still survive here!

Hoping it does. It deserves a spot in the better half of songs from this album. Surrender doesn't.

I guess ppl like papa sing my sing my sing my song. Papa sing my sing my sing my song. Papa sing my sing my sing my ...

Seconds is much much better. Incredible bass, both Edge and Bono on the lead vocals...

Hey digitize, I voted Drowning Man in the end, but it's such a tight one for me - partly I voted DM to avoid breaking the current tie between Seconds/Surrender. If the final outcome is just one vote between Seconds and Surrender, re-allocate my vote to restore the tie. If I'd been able to stay up three more hours to vote right when the poll closes, it's what I would've voted anyway. It'll save the tournament time and avoid an utterly pointless, predictable next round.

Back
Top Bottom