Best Song Survivor v2: The Unforgettable Fire era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top SEVEN songs from this era proceed to the Late 1980s Quarter Final.

Welcome to the Unforgettable Fire era round in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

Predictably, Gloria emerged as the most dominant October song, receiving all but ten votes cast. By contrast, J. Swallow eked a single vote - possibly set to be the worst performance of the game? We shall find out. In this round, another non-album song, A Celebration, snuck into qualifying as a finalist, while another non-album track, Party Girl, did better than almost half the songs actually on October.

Please see the War round for the Boy era's results.

INTERFERENCE'S OCTOBER ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the quarter finals)
1. Gloria - 67 votes
=2. Tomorrow - 48
=2. October - 48
=4. Rejoice - 34
=4. A Celebration - 34

6. I Threw A Brick Through A Window - 31
7. I Fall Down - 22
8. Trash, Trampoline, And The Party Girl - 19
9. Fire - 18
10. Scarlet - 13
11. With A Shout - 8
12. Is That All? - 5
13. Stranger In A Strange Land - 2
14. J. Swallow - 1
(Total votes: 77)

OK, I don't really condone going completely overboard and voting for a huge swathe of the available options. But ... I think I've fairly established myself as a UF fanlad and those of you who followed BigMacPhisto's U2 Songs Hall Of Fame tournament earlier in the year would've seen that I used restraint for all but the UF round. Same applies here, really.

Basically, I voted for all the songs that are in my U2 top fifty, since in all other rounds, just to reach the finalist qualifier quota, I'd vote for songs that don't even make my top fifty but that I rather like. So that's ASOH, Pride, Wire, UF, Promenade, Bad, ISS, The Three Sunrises, Love Comes Tumbling, Boomerang II, Bass Trap. Plus I threw a vote at EPAA, which is in my top seventy, just because I'm sure the final results will show it could use the love.

a sort of homecoming, wire, the unforgettable fire, promenade, indian summer sky, elvis presley and america, boomerang 1, sixty seconds in the kingdom come.

i almost voted for bass trap as well and now i'm wondering if i should've :hmm:

ok, let myself have 8:

A Sort of Homecoming, Wire, The Unforgettable Fire, Promenade, Bad, Elvis Presley and America, Love Comes Tumbling, Bass Trap, Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come....I AM SOOOO SORRY THREE SUNRISES :sad:

I'm loving that MLK right now has zero votes (where it should stay!), and songs like EPAA are polling ahead of it. :laugh:

TUF... hmm... this album/era pwns everything else they made in the 80s, so I'll indulge myself a bit...

ASOH, Pride, Wire, TUF, Bad, and The Three Sunrises.

Edit: I probably should have thrown Promenade a vote, too. Oh well.

glad to be one of two votes for siasl last round.

did people forget that party girl studio version is terrible?

I wonder if 4th Of July will do any worse than SIASL, or if SIASL will be the worst performed album track.

They must've. Personally, I'm disappointed Brick only JUST missed the finals. If it had been a draw for fifth place rather than fourth (as it was for much of the round), both would've proceeded to the finals.

that's criminal. brick is fantastic. has a drum solo for god's sake. was one half of one of u2's very best live segues.

party girl has nothing.

A Sort Of Homecoming
Pride
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Promenade
The Three Sunrises
Love Comes Tumbling
Bass Trap

Studio Bad just missed the cut.

Promenade and the title track have gotta progress - would love to see Love Comes Tumbling sneak through as well...

Stoked to see Celebration get through last round...

Dammit, I voted for the wrong fucking song.
I picked Three Sunrises but I was thinking of Love Comes Tumbling.
So if it comes down to one vote (I doubt it) but you can switch those votes, Ax. Or whatever, I don't care, just wanted to be honest.

P.S.
I Threw A Brick>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Rejoice

Aww crap I Threw A Brick didn't make it? :grumpy:

Ok I voted for a lot of them too (8) :reject:

Pride
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Promenade
Bad
MLK
The Three Sunrises
Love Comes Tumbling

ASOH only barely didn't make it, I had to draw the line somewhere.

ASOH, Wire, Promenade, 4th of July :)p), ISS, Three Sunrises, both Boomerangs, and Sixty Seconds.

UF was a good era for B-sides and little atmospheric bits.

Oooh this era's got quite a few songs for me! :D

Let's see:

ASOH, Pride, Wire, TUF, Bad, The Three Sunrises, Bass trap

First time I'm actually voting for the max amount of songs!

this is my absolute favorite album/era for the band. I could have easily voted for a few more but tried as best I could to limit myself to eight.

A Sort Of Homecoming
Pride
Wire
The Unforgettable Fire
Bad
Indian Summer Sky
Love Comes Tumbling
The Three Sunrises

Dammit, I voted for the wrong fucking song.
I picked Three Sunrises but I was thinking of Love Comes Tumbling.
So if it comes down to one vote (I doubt it) but you can switch those votes, Ax. Or whatever, I don't care, just wanted to be honest.

Looks like it might be close between TTS and LCT for the seventh spot at this stage, so I'll keep in mind the need to manually change your vote.

Yeah...Wire is awesome.

Crap, meant to vote for ISS. Looks like it won't matter anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom