Best Song Survivor v2: Rattle And Hum era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top FIVE songs from this era proceed to the Late 1980s Quarter Final.

Welcome to the Rattle And Hum era round in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

In the UF round, A Sort Of Homecoming dominated the traditional hits to come first, and polled even better than Gloria, securing all but seven of the votes cast. One non-album track, Love Comes Tumbling, squeaked into the finalists, while The Three Sunrises and Bass Trap also polled well. Interestingly, Elvis Presley And America outpolled MLK, although 4th Of July unsurprisingly finished dead last.

Please see the JT round for War's results.

INTERFERENCE'S UNFORGETTABLE FIRE ERA RANKING
(Songs in bold proceed to the quarter finals)
1. A Sort Of Homecoming - 67 votes
2. Bad - 61
3. The Unforgettable Fire - 60
4. Pride - 50
5. Promenade - 36
6. Wire - 33
7. Love Comes Tumbling - 27

8. The Three Sunrises - 23
9. Indian Summer Sky - 21
10. Bass Trap - 17
11. Elvis Presley And America - 15
12. MLK - 13
13. Boomerang II - 6
14. Boomerang I - 5
15. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come - 3
16. 4th Of July - 2
(Total votes: 74)

Heartland is the easy #1 vote here, closely followed by God Part II then Hawkmoon 269. When Love Comes To Town is grossly under-rated by this forum and gets my fourth vote. I might consider AIWIY superior to it, but it will easily secure a finals berth and doesn't need my help. So my fifth vote goes to Van Diemen's Land, a great little song which I'm sure will need the love.

Desire
Hawkmoon 269
God Part II
All I Want Is You
A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel

Almost voted for Love Rescue Me, but I'm trying to keep my number of votes equal or under the number of songs proceeding

Alright, now that I've made these rounds and cast my votes, a couple of other things:

1. I'm always stunned how this forum under-rates the Boomerangs, especially Boomerang II. Just SIX votes? Are you kidding? I suppose most people haven't even heard it. Same goes for Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come, which I'm stunned to see only got three votes - I wish I'd voted for it now, but I'd, uh, already voted for twelve other songs. God the UF era rules.

2. A Room At The Heartbreak Hotel is the worst song actually credited to U2.

Alright, now that I've made these rounds and cast my votes, a couple of other things:

1. I'm always stunned how this forum under-rates the Boomerangs, especially Boomerang II. Just SIX votes? Are you kidding? I suppose most people haven't even heard it. Same goes for Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come, which I'm stunned to see only got three votes - I wish I'd voted for it now, but I'd, uh, already voted for twelve other songs. God the UF era rules.

i can't believe that mlk polled higher than either boomerang and nearly as high as elvis presley and america. it shouldn't be close to epaa.

i can't believe that mlk polled higher than either boomerang and nearly as high as elvis presley and america. it shouldn't be close to epaa.

MLK shouldn't even really count as a song. It's a glorified intro rejoicing in the status of a fully fledged album track. 4th Of July should've polled better than it. Honestly, out of all 16 of the songs in the UF poll, MLK is the only one I didn't consider voting for.

This isn't to say it's shit, though. I'd take it over some stuff in this round.

MLK shouldn't even really count as a song. It's a glorified intro rejoicing in the status of a fully fledged album track. 4th Of July should've polled better than it. Honestly, out of all 16 of the songs in the UF poll, MLK is the only one I didn't consider voting for.

This isn't to say it's shit, though. I'd take it over some stuff in this round.

it's not a bad track, but with the company it's in it shouldn't be rated so highly, imo.

Meh... it's you saying... no problem. :wink:
Btw, A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel is U2's 14th best song.

Great to see Love Comes Tumbling progress, sad to see Wire progress.

Strategic vote here. Average album, but it is absolutely essential that Heartland goes through, so my only vote is for Heartland. Angel and Desire probably deserve a vote, but I don't think I could accept Heartland missing out at the expense of any of the other songs.

Van Diemen's Land
Desire
When Love Comes To Town
Love Rescue Me
Heartland
God Part II

I could have easily voted for Hawkmoon 269, Angel Of Harlem and All I Want Is You as well, but then I would have voted for all but 2 songs :lol:

God Part II better stay ahead of Angel Of Harlem in the race for the fifth spot.

I don't get why Van Diemen's Land doesn't get more love around here. Either you guys are all idiots, or I am. But probably you ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom