Best Song Survivor v2: No Line on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, Theme From The Swan and Viva Davidoff can't get a vote, but Soon has got twelve? What the hell. That result's going to look hilarious in a few years.

Might be a bit cheesy, but I'd rather Unknown Caller make it over Cedars. Glad NLOTH is doing well.

Should've voted for it, but neither is making it out of the next round anyway.

So, Theme From The Swan and Viva Davidoff can't get a vote, but Soon has got twelve? What the hell. That result's going to look hilarious in a few years.

Not as hilarious as finding out during this contest that there are actually people who love Viva Davidoff and feel it deserves the same praise as a song like Soon :wink:

Not as hilarious as finding out during this contest that there are actually people who love Viva Davidoff and feel it deserves the same praise as a song like Soon :wink:

I'd say they're both on the same level: short and fairly inconsequential but mildly interesting mood pieces. I don't see why people who wouldn't vote for Viva Davidoff in a million years consider Soon any more worthy of note, except that it's still got that 360 glow to help it out in the polls.

while i agree there may be a bit of a post-tour glow with some people, i don't agree that you can just lump Soon and Viva Davidoff together and write them both off as "inconsequential"

Soon's got a pretty interesting arrangement, some really beautiful layered vocals and that catchy singalongy 'verse' bit...Viva Davidoff is an interesting track but it's ultimately forgettable to a lot of people, moreso than Soon by a long stretch.

It's not completely outrageous that people will vote for a more straightforward song over a piece of ambient music released as a b-side that a lot of people just find a bit dull when they find it.

love Theme From The Swan though

Back
Top Bottom