Best Song Survivor v2: Boy era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
Please vote for your FAVOURITE song(s).
The top SIX songs from this era proceed to the Early 1980s Quarter Final.

Welcome to the Boy era round in Best Song Survivor v2! The object of this game is to find Interference's favourite U2 songs. Each album will be featured in a single round with the non-album tracks from its era. The amount of finalists from each era is based on seeding from the latest U2 Album Survivor. These rounds will last 24 hours and will be multiple choice polls where you vote for your favourite tracks (within reason). A suggestion is to vote for the amount of tracks that will proceed to the next round, although this is not a hard and fast rule.

Only original U2 songs with official studio releases will compete. Please vote solely on the basis of studio tracks. Songs with multiple versions will be listed separately; remixes will not, so if you favour a remix over the original song, vote on the basis of your favourite.

In Best Album Survivor, The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby finished tied for first place, while Passengers managed to just nudge into second last and leave October with the wooden spoon. See below for results and seeding.

(Top five qualifiers receive seven songs in finals.)
=1. The Joshua Tree: 104 votes
=1. Achtung Baby: 104
3. No Line On The Horizon: 85
4. The Unforgettable Fire: 71
5. Pop: 47
(Middle four qualifiers receive six songs in finals.)
6. Zooropa: 43
7. All That You Can't Leave Behind: 37
8. Boy: 28
9. War: 20
(Bottom four qualifiers receive five songs in finals.)
10. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: 14
11. Rattle And Hum: 13
12. Passengers: 9
13. October: 7
(Total votes: 119)

Due to polls being limited to 30 songs, the 1980s will again have quarter finals preceding the semis, while the 1990s and 2000s won't. BOctoWar will contest the early eighties, with eight songs proceeding to the 1980s semi. UF/JT/RAH will contest the late eighties, with ten songs proceeding to the 1980s semi. 12 songs from the 1980s semi will proceed to the grand final; 10 from the 1990s semi; and 8 from the 2000s semi.

Just a heads-up: due to the amount of songs involved, polls may take a couple of minutes to appear after I post the round.

October round to follow in a few minutes. I'm running two rounds at a time in this edition.

In case anybody is unsure about the origins of some of the non-album tracks:
12-14. U2:3
15-16. Another Day single
17-18. 11 O'clock Tick Tock single
19. A Day Without Me single
20-21. Boy remaster
22-24. 1 November 1978 demo session, released on iTunes Complete U2

I'll work out my vote once I've made the October round. God, I love the Boy era.

With much difficulty, I kept my vote to six. Twilight, An Cat Dubh, Stories For Boys, ATAP, The Electric Co., and even though I usually rag on its studio version, I was just listening to the song and - call it sentimentality or whatever - what the hell, I'll throw 11OTT a vote. I could've easily voted for half this era, really. I just wish there were officially released studio versions of Lost On A Silent Planet and The Dream Is Over to vote for ...

I Will Follow
An Cat Dubh
Out Of Control
A Day Without Me
The Electric Co.
11 O'clock Tick Tock

ya, the studio version of 11 O'clock Tick Tock is pretty ho-hum but it was the first song I ever saw U2 play live so it will always have a special place for me

Last edited:
I love them all...hrm...well, I Will Follow was the first U2 song I ever feel in love with, Boy was the first U2 album I ever bought...

So it get my vote :up:

An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Out Of Control
Another Time, Another Place
The Electric Co.
Shadows And Tall Trees
Saturday Night
Street Mission

Kept it simple and voted only my top 5

An Cat Dubh
Into The Heart
Out Of Control
A Day Without Me
Another Time, Another Place

Somebody who's not Khan voted for the demo version of Twilight? :ohmy:

Wow, are some people's ears hearing a better, cleaned up version of 11 O'Clock Tick Tock that I'm not hearing? Because it sucks from the studio and in the opening paragraphs, it's stated to vote solely from the studio recordings....

Yeah, I wanted to put it as one song. Shame how on the official tracklist (which is what I go by), it's split into two.

my car

in2theheartfix.jpg

twilight, a day without me, another day, twilight (demo version), 11 o'clock tick tock

btw axver, ian told me he meant to vote for twilight instead of i will follow if you'd mind changing his vote for him. :doh: thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom