Best Song Survivor v2: Achtung Baby era

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please select your FAVOURITE song(s)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wild Horses certainly is underrated over here. Beautiful beautiful song! especially that middle 8...

Ahh the deeper I spin
Ahh the hunter will sin for your ivory skin
:heart:

Holy shit, at the current state of play, Acrobat won't go through. Over the last five years it really seems to have slipped in its popularity here.

18-3-1992 East Rutherford = best version of Wild Horses hands down. That bridge is so great. There was a video on Youtube once....too bad I can't find it anymore.

such choices! :drool: kept it to 7

Zoo Station
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Until The End Of The World
The Fly
Acrobat
Lady With The Spinning Head
Blow Your House Down

The last 4 I don't know at all must YT them! :D

My other very ultra favorite which :sad: while part of
the Salome Outtakes was not :fist: put on the 20th Anniversary
CD - the alternate sound & lyrics over the basic bass and
riffs of UTEOTW-- take 1 > I Feel Free.

Went with:

Even Better than the Real Thing
One
Until the End of the World
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Ultraviolet
Love Is Blindness

One and Mysterious Ways may be tired now in their live incarnations, but there's no denying the conviction in the former and the groove of the latter on record.

Wild Horses certainly is underrated over here. Beautiful beautiful song! especially that middle 8...

Ahh the deeper I spin
Ahh the hunter will sin for your ivory skin
:heart:
Took a drive in the dirty rain, to a place where the wind calls your name... under the trees, the river laughing at you and me... :heart:

Gutted LWTSH looks like it won't repeat its success of 2009.

The difficulty with this is that it's tempting to ignore the big hits and the war horses to give a boost to the less well known ones. And also, not being able to vote for every song. TTYAAW is fantastic, but unless you're going to vote for like 8 songs it's really difficult to include it without ignoring other, even better ones.

I'm a little surprised at the popularity of Ultraviolet. It's a good song, but better than Acrobat, MW, LIB and One? Really?

^Maybe U2 playing it on 360 helped boost its popularity? Or it's just that great a song- my second favorite on Achtung Baby. But that's just my opinion... I think most of the songs on Achhtung Baby are equal in their greatness.

Classic post-tour bounce. Scarlet also did better than in previous tournaments this time around.

The difference is - Scarlet is an average song at best, while Ultra Violet is one of their best tracks.

Back
Top Bottom